Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - maverick0815

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 43
Users / Re: LinuxMCE Users from Germany?
« on: February 10, 2010, 04:50:41 pm »
by the way....I'm in if any of you guys winds up in this neck of the woods, give me a heads up

Users / Re: LinuxMCE Users from Germany?
« on: February 09, 2010, 05:47:24 pm »
the german board still exists, but its mostly dead...nothing really going on

Users / Re: LinuxMCE Users from Germany?
« on: February 08, 2010, 10:15:27 pm »
beer...I'm all ears :-)

Users / Asterisk configuration
« on: February 07, 2010, 04:24:31 pm »
Hello friends, I have some problems with my telecom setup and I hope there is somebody here, who could help me.
My first problem is, that incoming calls only ring on the core and the MD, not on my other phones (mostly softphones), even though in the call routing I set it to ring all my phones. I don't know what went wrong, or how to rectify that problem.
The other obstacle I cannot overcome has to do with the phonebook feature. After a lot of trial and error - and my lack of understanding dial patterns properly, I made a few entries in the phonebook like this 0049XXXNNNNNNN in the "dial as" field- 0049 being country code, XXX local area code and NNNNNNN being the phonenumber. Now when I get an incoming call, the orbiter will show me a name from the phonebook unrelated to the number thats calling. When I check in the logs the caller is identified like 0XXXNNNNNNN
In the sip trunk I have the following dial rules:
The outbound routes the dial rules are:

With this configuration I can make calls from the phonebook and do direct dials, I can also make intercom calls.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Installation issues / Re: MD boot goes straight to bash on boot
« on: January 27, 2010, 06:39:22 am »
if you have a backup of your xorg.conf, try running nvidia-xconfig. It should write a new xorg for you. Then see if you can get into theAVWizard

Installation issues / Re: Finally trying 8.10
« on: January 24, 2010, 06:52:20 pm »
I don't know...but from what you describe, I suppose you follow the alpha instructions...if you downloaded the latest beta dvd, you wouldn't need to download any installer.
All you'd have to do is boot the dvd and select install Linuxmce... So it is possible you'd not run into the problem you described.

Installation issues / Re: DVD new install 810 b2
« on: January 23, 2010, 12:08:06 pm »
only apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade
if you do apt-get upgrade you will upgrade to kubuntu 9.10

Installation issues / Re: MD doesn't boot in 0810
« on: January 23, 2010, 12:06:43 pm »
go here and follow the steps, then run the script again:

Users / Re: Frustrated phone setup
« on: January 22, 2010, 07:24:13 pm »
hmmm...I also had this issue before. I could not even use the intercom feature.....after making an update around 6 weeks ago, it suddenly worked.
if you go to webadmin->phonelines and activate manual configuration there, you can access freepbx. in the statusscreen you can see how many ip-phones are acually online. Also check under extensions and check if your phones show up there...
lets see what you find there....I trust that you did some updates since you installed your system?

I don't know the answer to that. But something has to be done. Perhaps the devs can update the preference file to download a higher version of mythtv, if they can also change the version linuxmce uses...or, they will start hosting their own repo...but I really don't know

I had the same problem when I ran an update on monday. this update also removed the pluto-mythtv-player package.
So I went to the irc and got quite nice support from the guys there. It appears that the avenard repo made another switch to mythtv .23
It also keeps the .22, but you need to do some workaround to keep it
just download the file I attached to /etc/apt. then run the apt-get update and apt-get-dist upgrade.
after that check if you also need to get the pluto-mythtv-player again.
This certainly did the trick with me.

Good luck

Users / Re: VoIP for Internode AUS - Trunk settings
« on: January 20, 2010, 01:17:12 pm »
I have a similar problem. Also try to make some entries in your phonebook. You'll notice in the dialas field, there are also some US-related digits popping up.
For your outgoing rules it would be sufficient to put
This means, you can dial any number. Asterisk also knows automatically if you call an internal number or not.
So any number thats  longer than 3 digits will be outgoing by definition...I don't know however about the emgergency numbers.

I've been playing around with the telecom-features of linuxmce. I accidentally put one contact twice, but can't get rid of any of them. I can delete associated phonenumbers, but not the contact that would be a feature I'd really love to see

Users / Re: Questions from new user...
« on: January 16, 2010, 10:00:46 pm »
ask a thousand people and you'll get a thousand opinions...
linuxmce can do pretty well as a mediacenter...and perhaps the name itself is a bit misleading, since it is so much more than a mere mediacenter.
The thing is, its very much scalable and who knows...maybe you'll start out small- as you stated your intent- but perhaps once its installed, you find out, you'll want to do a little more than you had in mind when you got started. It certainly happened to me and there are still a number of things I didn't try or didn't touch- but I'm glad I did.
The good thing is- its free for you, only thing it'll cost you is some hardware and a little spare time. Give it a try and if you find out its not for you- get mythbuntu for example.

just my two cents

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 43