Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - pga57

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Users / Re: ubuntu updates
« on: March 25, 2010, 11:37:43 am »
I have the same problem, just after the updates.

Installation issues / Re: Component video output
« on: January 23, 2010, 07:02:39 pm »

I have the same issue and it freeze my MD.
I've not made other tests since december.

I have to test HDMI with a new video projector (HC-7000 Mitsubichi) and a new computer (zotac ion N330).


I have the same result with component output.
It worked with alpha 2.28 but crached now with a fresh beta2 (DVD like network install).

I have not find where is the problem. I've test a previous alpha saved xorg.conf but the MD crached to.
It is like the problem is not the xorg.conf file.


Installation issues / Component video output
« on: December 16, 2009, 06:29:07 pm »
Hello all,

I have a problem with beta2 (DVD and fresh network install).
I have no possibility to use the component video output (Nvidia 7900).
Does anyone have more succes than me ?

It worked with alpha.
I've try a xorg.conf that I saved from previous install (and modify the orbiter and MD to) but no succes.
Nothing on the screen and the AVWizard setup don't return to the initial screen after a few seconds.

The same MD work with VGA or DVI output (I have no HDMI for the moment)


I have the same problem this week-end (network install) and after read you post and made a core reboot this morning it worked now !

I was trying this several times, but it didn't help. I would like to know how to find what is wrong and possibly fix it, otherwise I am left with quite unusable system :(

Do you have try a Quick Regen of the Generic Proxy Orbiter ?


Did you reload the DCE Router?  If you don't the device won't start...

I did Quick Reload Router and this didn't worked, also later I have rebooted the whole system without success.

I have the same problem this week-end (network install) and after read you post and made a core reboot this morning it worked now !


I have resolve my mythtv issue.
I have create some missings moonxx values in the mythconverg settings table:


Change NetworkControlPort from 6546 to 10001 for the 2 lastest MD.

Run the file on the core.

Now mythtv work correctly.


Hello Peter,

I'm happy for you but... I've resolve my problem to ! ;-)
I'm not sure what the solution is because I've done 2 things:

1: I've remove a Dlink 8 ports switch and have connected the 2 bad MDs directly to the Linksys 16 ports switch

2: I've restart a AVWizard setup and selected UI2 directly.

Now, the 2 MDs worked !

The only things I have not resolve is that mythtv do not start directly after selected the TV menu button.
It give me the mythfrontend menu and when I start TV it stop after a few seconds.

So, it is better but not completly ok for me !

For me it is not a xorg problem but probably a script problem.


Users / Re: New Z-Wave driver
« on: September 12, 2009, 04:11:07 pm »
Thank you Hari for detailed explanations !

I'll try that.


Hello Peter,

Just to give you some news, I have change my "bad" MD (Salon) with another one and have just re-install the nvidiad board on it.
After a new boot and config I retrive the black screen with mouse pointer!
I continue my research.


PS: I have no multiple device on the MDs.
Only the core have those (4 Zwave controler !)
I ask to Hari, what I have to do.

Users / Re: New Z-Wave driver
« on: September 11, 2009, 06:01:00 pm »
Hello Hari,

I had a problem with my remote control and have receive a new one (Tricklestar 200ZW-EU-W).
I tried using the SIS mode to register it on the network with a "download configuration" command and have lost my zwave setup ! ;-)
So, I tried to make a new configuration but I can no more include each ZWave devices into the ZWave network.
The remote control do not see them more !

Is there something special to do?

Else, when I do a "quick reload router", I find 4 Zwave Remote Controleur in the device tree !!!
One should suffice no? ;-)
If I delete the 3 last, they reappear after a "quick reload router".

Best Regards,

Hi Peter,

The F6, F7 and F8 keys give nothing.
I think that the orbiter don't start.


Hello Peter,

I liked to announce it work, but it is allways the same.
After the update, dist-upgrade, deleted all software from the OnScreen Orbiter, rebuilt Orbiter and reload Router, it give only the bad screen.
I still tried reactivated the Software, Rebuilt Orbiter and reload router but I've nothing better.

I think I'm about to throw this MD to bulky !

The only positive point is that I did not have a segfault.


PS: Before post this, I've just read your edit ;-)

They have the same access and setup than the others.

For information, I've just delete and recreate the bad MD (with UI1).
If I check errors in this MD syslog, I found those:

Code: [Select]
dcerouter_1001352:~# cat /usr/pluto/diskless/116/var/log/syslog |grep error
Sep  6 14:14:30 moon116 kernel: [  959.975449] LMCE_Launch_Man[29765]: segfaultat 0 ip 080648f8 sp b7a88130 error 4 in LMCE_Launch_Manager[8048000+41000]
Sep  6 14:14:36 moon116 kernel: [  966.042011]  CIFS VFS: Send error in SessSetup = -13
Sep  6 14:14:36 moon116 automount[31927]: >> mount error 13 = Permission denied

I have a new segfault but it is now on LMCE_Launch_Man.
Everything is mounted, I have verify.


I've just verify and all is mounted !
I've only grep the errors so, it is misleading.


Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10