Hello everyone I am back to setting up LMCE. I have bought a new house and I am in the process of running inner duct in the walls then pulling cat 6 to all rooms. I have a small closet I will be using for a Comm Closet. I will be buying a 24 port Gig switch(undecided on which one at this time). My plans are
- Core (not hybrid)
- a Large NAS
- 5-7 Media Directors.
- 4-5 Squeeze Boxes
- 3 W366DT pads (unless there is something better)
I have spec'd out the core I am thinking about building. Going off Thom's suggestion on a server class Sys board.
- ASUS P7F-C/4L LGA 1156 Intel 3420 ATX Quad/Dual Core
- Intel Xeon X3430 Lynnfield 2.4GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Server Processor BX80605X3430
- Western Digital VelociRaptor WD740HLFS 74GB 10000 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
- Crucial 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM ECC Unbuffered DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Triple Channel Kit Server Memory Model CT3KIT25672BA1339
Looking for vesa mounted Mini-ITX atom (Any suggestions would be great).
Any help on building a serious system for my house and I do not plan on going cheap. This time I want the best hardware for the job.