I am actively playing with Qt/ QML to understand it but more from a programming perspective and have created a simple light switch and a slider. Unfortunately though my graphic skills are limited but i do intend to try and create a media remote so will learn along the way.
I have been leaning my way through this code and the QML environment and have now created 2 QML switches. One is a switch button and the other is a slider switch. I have a couple of questions.
1. You are validating the template the device was created from. Is this necessary for DCE or can I find all templates that are zwave/KNX etc that have on/off/level commands. I ask this because my understanding is that messagesend is the mechanism for sending the codes and not the QML template.
2. a device ID is required on the command line. What device type is it targeted at.
Thanks for that. It does load the VC project files but all is configured for a win32/64 build.
I have loaded netbeans and that works when I start a new project from existing source. (Didn't seem to work when I did the same with Eclipse.) Anyway I can now load projects so I can now start playing/learning.
I have built myself a development 10.04 system and download the source to my home folder. I have also installed Eclispse IDE but when I point it to one of the folders in the src tree I can only load 1 file at a time and not the whole project. If i map this share the source folder and open the project in Visual Studio there is a VC++ config file which correctly loads all of the files as a complete project.
I don't want to have to use Visual Studio so would like to know if there is a way I can do it in Linux. Doesn't have to be Eclipse IDE.
I think the idea for separate pages in the wiki for Dianemo would only confuse things. My preference would be to use the current wiki pages which are specific to a device and use the versioning status bar at the top with Dianemo Specific instructions in the detials.
Placing Dianemo in the subject on the forum is a great idea.
I had a USB-UIRT attached to my core which stopped working a couple of months ago so I swapped it out for a mce usb thinking mine had broken. I ordered a new one and had the same issue so i believe that Dianemo S has a broken USB-UIRT package. I will prove it hopefully this weekend when i have my new development 10.04 LMCE system up.