This never worked . I tried it repeatedly, the remote is a no go. I checked the details of the lirc driver and which one was installed on my core, I had version 0.7.?? and the latest was 0.8.?? so I installed it. It gave me a few more to choose from and I selected 'mce_usb2' and when I updated the core or quick reboot it it would automatically choose 'Windows MCE Remote' so the md saw the receiver. I even unplugged the receiver and I saw on the md that it had been unplugged and I plugged it back in it said it was installing the software for device 'mce_usb' ... done. But again the remote was a no go. I broke down and downloaded the beta 2 of LinuxMCE 0710, however, I can't get this one to network boot. The whole beta is very slow and clunky making it almost impossible to do anything. This is really starting to piss me off!! Everything I read indicates it should have worked the first time without any issues but it looks like the box has no idea how to react when I press any buttons!! I tried using 'irrecord' software for the remote, that won't even work!!!
Any more help would be good,