you may have the same experience with the MCE dongle, not sure.
Rule #1 - Be Patient - Rule #2 - Don't ask when, if you don't contribute - Rule #3 - You have coding skills - LinuxMCE's small brother is available: http://www.agocontrol.com
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Hmmmmm! I think the video is "telling a lie" this is really not so simple as shown in the video- this is my thierd go for linuxMCE - but no luck so far!
I know that this is opensource - don´t see it as a complaint, i´m just frustrated that the video is making it oh so simple and almost laughing at Microsoft (uf i said the word ;-) ) but in MS´s cases the SW works 9 out of 10 times - this is maybe 1 out of 10. But hang in there!
I think the team should use more time to make this simple to get running rather on alarm features and things like that!
Now to my install experience/Problems:
1. Got the DVD started to install hangs after this: Install hangs after /dev/sda5: uuid="3604..." type="swap" on DVD install.
Found out that the DVD doesn´t support SATA, so i got my self an IDE drive - and now we are back in buisness
2. The DVD installs, starts up for the first time - and........... No signal: GFX card: Nvidia 7600GT - TV: LG 37lc2r
This has been the same problem on all versions so far!
Found out that a guy got it working by changing the driver in xorg.conf to NV.
3. Now i get the video from the Video/audio setup - but can only see a small portion of the screen - the only Resolution i can get to work is 720p and i get through the setup by guessing what to do
4. Next stop is grey screen and something about can´t start something - I change the driver back to nvidia again and get past this point and LinuxMCE starts up!
I go through the setup wizzard but only the screen is there - no music, no photos, no TV
So here are my issues i need help on:
1. MS Remote doesn´t work
2. LinuxMCE says that something didn´t start up right, but it seems to work anyway and i can´t find the log file
3. I have to unplug my Logitech wireless dongle and plug it in again every time i start linuxMCE to get my keyboard and mouse to work
4. Linux MCE didn´t find my media files on my Nas server (buffalo terrastation)
5. No TV - myth tv setup hangs my computer
6. VERY low res - the text can´t stay inside the buttons
Can you PLEASE help me get past theese points, because i want to get it to work this time!