Athlon 64 3400+
Standard Definition TV
OK so heres whats up. I currently don't use this PC. Like ever. My Wireless died, and I've always wanted a Media Center PC, So I'm gonna try it. Note: I do not want DVR or anything. I just want to play my Media on my TV. Also, my TV has a S-Video Port if that makes a difference. My Questions:
1. My Graphics card only has VGA. How can I hook it up to my SDTV? Will I need to buy something?
2. I'm planning on using Linux Media Center Edition, does anyone have any clue if this will work with my X200? I doubt it, but still.
3. How will my SDTV handle this? I play videos from my brothers Zen occasionally, and there your normal 700MB DVD Rip and they look Perfect. I would love to have the same result.
4. Also, would something like this be exactly what I'm looking for? Or is it a more complicated process than just that?
5. And finally, Do I have to use a remote? Can't I just use a Keyboard or a mouse?
So yeah, thats about it. Just ask if you need anymore info, like TV ports or anything like that.
EDIT: Fixed Typos.