ok, quick update
I deleted one share - Windows Share-PublicShare , and it's server - Yellowstone.
quick reloading the router after each.
Then I rebooted the core.
I waited a while to see if Yellowstone would be rediscovered. It was not, so I manually re-added it to include name, ip, mac, username, password.
Then I ran the share scanner script described at: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/SMB_/_Samba_NAS_Configurations
dcerouter_112841:/home/radmin# /usr/pluto/bin/Configure_1837.sh -d 90 -i 192.168.80.236 -m 00:16:01:BB:04:80
The PublicShare immediately was presented on the orbiter and I selected it and it was added as device 91.
It hasn't yet shown up, but interestingly, Windows Share-t1  now shows up under videos and Windows Share-d2  now shows up under audio. (t1 is mostly TV AVIs and d2 is mostly movies and PublicShare is mostly music).
So, something has fixed itself by about 30% - I just wish I knew why & how...
I also tried to 'encourage' the core to make the media available by running Cinfigure_1837.sh against the server that hosts d2 & t1 as follows:
/usr/pluto/bin/Configure_1837.sh -d 29 -i 192.168.80.248 -m 00:12:3f:e5:52:41
but it didn't seem to have any affect.
I welcome any additional thoughts,