* the specs of the hardware offered are not listed in the pdf
* pledges could include more core variations (also be able to include bigger drive)
* can include MD's and other basic homeautomation stuff so people buy a full experience
* stretch goals?
* maybe some kind of closed/paid forum only accessible to paying users. One can get access to when pledging more then an x amount. (this forum can guarantee a response time of one hour during business hours). Also more extensive help documentation can be part of this
* paid backup option of configuration & database (maybe also of data, donno if that can be done efficiently if multiple users have the same data/media)
There are some good ideas in your list for sure. Thanks i will pass those on for discussion. Some kind of closed support forum is a possibility - however our preference currently is for us to provide some support/config services to Open Dianemo users who are setting up a system for themselves. But this may need more detailed thought still. A paid for backup service for media/content is of course technically feasible - but dependent on what a user is doing with her/his system ie lots of rips, bluerays etc etc those backups could be enormous - and restoring them could be equally lengthy. Backing up configs is definitely doable though and may well become a service we offer.
Thanks again for the ideas and suggestions - much appreciated.
All the best