I'd like to ask regarding RPi2 :
- any chance to transfer whisperer interface devices to RPi2 system (I've written one for Marantz Audio Receiver) ?
- I 've also written Perl DCE device for connection to my home automation system from Cybrotech. Will it work also on RPi2 ?
- what are possibilities to code plugins for RPi2 ? Will the DCE device interfacing protocol remain also on RPi2 ?
- will RPi2 also be based around Mysql database ?
- any plans regarding connections between several NCs (for instance I'd like to connect to NC in our vacation flat) ? Obviously I'll also have to buy another license...
Thanks in advance,
Whisperer Devices - yes this is likely although they will probably need some code changes.
Perl DCE Device - Since Dianemo-Rpi2 is not based on DCE this would need some code changes or possibly a DCE compatibility library. So I cant see this would be impossible but would need some work.
Plugins - Plugins are written in Python. Other languages could be supported (and probably will in time). A DCE compatibility library is most likely the way we will go on this.
MySQL - Yes Dianemo-Rpi2 uses MySQL.
Interconnecting Systems - yes we are very interested in connecting systems together and there will be functionality to enable this.
Overall I would say that for if you have only a few DCE/Whisperer Devices it may be just as easy to re-write them. But both options will be possible.
Either PM me here or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
if you would like a Dianemo-Rpi2 license.
All the best