Support for TV reception is implemented in three ways:
* a Radeon TV-input driver
o merged into X.org 7.0, now released
o supports Rage Theatre and Rage Theatre 200 cards
hmmm. I had the same card, but never tried to use it under Linux
Some hints can be taken from http://www.reades.com/radeon.html
, some hints at de.linwiki.org/index.php/ATI/AIW. The Gatos-Project had some tips, as it gives as news:
Radeon TV-input code has been merged into X.Org CVS, to appear in release 7.0.
* Bogdan Diaconescu has written code to support Rage Theatre 200 chips and it has been merged into X.org CVS, it will appear in release 7.0.
* ati.2 Radeon TV-input code has been merged into X.org CVS, it will appear in release 7.0.
* Bogdan Diaconescu has ported rage128 and radeon parts of ati.2 code to XFree86 4.4.0 - the new code is in module ati.4.4.0 in GATOS CVS.
* Some of GATOS code that provides Xvideo support for mach64 adaptors has been merged into XFree86 CVS after much, much rework by Egbert Eich and Marc La France.
* Lourens Veen has written a nice haiku describing the status of TV-out support.
* The haiku above no longer applies thanks to the work of Federico Ulivi on TV-output support for Radeons. See tv_output branch above.
* The driver development is in the process of moving to X.org CVS.
There's much to explore