What is everyone doing to combat high cpu usage on console-kit-daemon ? I can't find a proposed or security fix for 8.10, but jaunty and later seem to have them.https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/consolekit/+bug/284229
SSH sessions and samba connections can be the catalyst for causing the high CPU usage.
The problem can be reproduced easily with # while `true`; do ssh localhost exit; done;
I have installed these modules and currently testing, have not seen any leaks or increased cpu usage after 3 hours. Steady at 1%.
# sudo apt-get install libck-connector-dev libdbus-1-dev libck-connector0 libdbus-1-3 libpam-ck-connector
This is what I have installed after the udpates.
ii libck-connector-dev 0.2.10-1ubuntu10 ConsoleKit development files
ii libck-connector0 0.2.10-1ubuntu10 ConsoleKit libraries
ii libpam-ck-connector 0.2.10-1ubuntu10 ConsoleKit PAM module
ii consolekit 0.2.10-1ubuntu10 framework for defining and tracking users, sessions and seats
ii libdbus-1-3 1.2.4-0ubuntu1.1 simple interprocess messaging system
ii libdbus-1-dev 1.2.4-0ubuntu1.1 simple interprocess messaging system (development headers)
ii libdbus-1-qt3 0.9-0ubuntu1 dbus bindings for Qt 3 (backport of the Qt 4 bindings)
ii libdbus-glib-1-2 0.76-1 simple interprocess messaging system (GLib-based shared library)
ii libdbus-qt-1-1c2 0.62.git.20060814-2build1 simple interprocess messaging system (Qt-based shared library)