I'm currently building a new home in ocean county, NJ, and i'd like to wire it up for everything possible, so here's what i'm doing - can anyone guide me what else i should do.
I want linuxMCE to control the following:
1. sound system - so i'm running 18/4 stranded and a cat5e to a volume control in every room and 18/2 to each speaker
2. alarm system - need help here (what kind of wire to run and where) - i'd prefer to use motion sensors put in strategic location aroud the house.
3. video surveillance system - i'm running cat 5e to each location i might put a camera
4. climate control - need help here (again - what kind of wire)
5. phone/intercom system - running a cat 5 to anywhere i may put a phone
I'd appreciate any input i can get.
i got 5000 feet of cat 5e. so i'd prefer to use that if possible....
thanks in advance