I've installed 704 a half-dozen times before, usually with mixed results. I just installed 710 beta3 - things are better but still not pretty.
Here's my equipment:
- Asus M2NPV-VM motherboard with AMD64 X2 4400, 1GB Ram, 400GB Seagate SATA
- S/PDIF optical out bracket setup and works fine.
- Hauppage PVR-500, only using 1st half to connect to my cable provider.
- Silicon Dust HDHomeRun, used for two sources of OTA television.
- Zapstream remote with included IR receiver
- Wireless keyboard/joystic combination with its own IR receiver (PS/2 based)
- ZWave ZCU000 controller with three lights.
- Global Cache GC100 that controls following three A/V components using IR:
- Sony STR-DB830 receiver
- Akai PT50DL14 DLP 50" TV
- Motorola RG2200 cable box (connects to Qwest Choice TV over VDSL)
In my latest install attempt of 710 beta3 here's what I did
- I went through the setup wizard as far as I could, until it needed my A/V equipment.
- Modifed the /usr/pluto/bin/gc100-conf.pl script and added my GC100
- Used the web admin pages to add my receiver, TV, cable box and Zapstream remote control
- Went back to the wizard and tried to define my inputs and sources. It would not let me define the lineup for my PVR-500->RG2200 cable source, only the two HDHomeRun tuners.
OK, I can watch TV via my RG22xx cable box, but not switch channels yet. I've had the IR switching for the cable box working before, so I'm sure I can get that handled with a bit of time. I cannot watch via the HDHomeRun sources.
- Is there a recommended or better approach(s) for setting this up
- Why do I not see the S/PDIF and DVI outputs on my core/hybrid when I try and use the A/V wizard to connect the various equipment. I've looked for a way to define this, but do not see it. On the digram it just shows a generic input and output for the core/hybrid - unlike the specialized input/outputs for TV, receiver,etc.
Thanks you in advance for any ideas/suggestions.