I updated to .27 by adding the myhtbuntu repositories
ran the commands
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mythtv
Then I had to update the MythTv_Plugin by downloading the source for it and updating MythBackEnd_Socket.cpp to change the protocol from 72 to 77 and also the token from D78EFD6F to WindMark. I then recompiled MythTV_Plugin.so and copied that to /usr/pluto/bin
It has been working pretty well for me since then. I had to change a few other settings in the MythTv setup as well. To fill the guide, I changed the command mythfilldatabase to /usr/pluto/bin/MythTvDailyFillDB.sh and also added Job #1 back in to save the recordings to the linuxmce database.