LinuxMCE Forums

General => Users => Topic started by: eran on June 29, 2008, 01:36:58 pm

Title: Problem with call routing
Post by: eran on June 29, 2008, 01:36:58 pm

I am tring to use "transfer to outside line" in "call routing.

I am typing the number with 9 before it just as I do in the direct dial - where it work perfect.

and first any number I typing it end up with the number "2147483647" in the web page.

and when I am trying to use it I am getting: "im-sorry&an-error-has-occured" playback.


Title: Re: Problem with call routing
Post by: tschak909 on June 29, 2008, 08:05:37 pm
the 32 bit overflow is okay, the number will still work...

just be sure to put a 9 in front of the number you wish to dial.

Title: Re: Problem with call routing
Post by: eran on June 30, 2008, 05:38:35 am

Tnx. - I did add 9 and I did it for TWO diffrent numbers and I got the same "2147483647" for the two numbers (the numbers have 10 digit and "9" was the 11 digit in the number)
well - I will try short number to dail to see if there is a diffrence.
Title: Re: Problem with call routing
Post by: eran on July 02, 2008, 05:29:41 am
well I did another test:
instead of dialing out my cell number I have cahnge only the away calling number to "9110"
so it will be only 4 digit with out the overflow ptoblem

and I got somting strange!

It tried to call my cell number
but with out secsses:
comparing the dialout where I am dialing the number (with sucesses) and the call routing now to the right number shows that the same "s@macro-dialout-trunk" is being use but
when the dialing sucesses the macro is being call: "Executing [9MYCELLNUM@from-internal:1] Macro("SIP/200-081ef140", "dialout-trunk|2|MYCELLNUM||") in new stack

and  when the call routing tring to call: "Executing [9MYCELLNUM@trusted:1] Macro("Local/9MYCELLNUM@trusted-9a47,2", "dialout-trunk|2|MYCELLNUM||") in new stack"

What can I do to change the context and why the first parameter of the macro is the nyumber to dial and not the number of the orbiter extention like in the sucesses dialing?

Title: Re: Problem with call routing
Post by: sedgington on September 21, 2009, 10:04:01 pm
For anyone having this problem, as I did, and has found no love in the forum here is what I did to fix it:

1) Go to Telecom/ Call Routing in the Linuxmce Admin Website and under a user's name select a user mode/ call type.
2) Next to "add new step" select "transfer to outside number" from the drop down box, then type in your outside number preceded by a 9 such as 918885551212 if you live in the US. Click on the Add button.
3) You will see that it added the step you requested but puts the number 2147483647 in the box instead of the number you added. Even though this is editable, ignore it.
4) Open a terminal and ssh into linuxmce (ssh linuxmce@ if you use the default ip) then get admin rights with a sudo -s
5) Open an editing program and the file this is supposed to be written to with a command such as "nano /etc/asterisk/extensions_pluto_dial.conf"
6) Search for "214" if it is there, replace the whole 2147483647 with the number you entered originally (preceded with 9 as described above), Save the file. If 214 is not there, search for the number you entered and make sure it is associated with the correct user extension such as 301. If neither are there try adding the outside number step again and proceed once one of them is there.
7) Reopen the file and check again, just to be sure. Exit.
8) from the terminal run "asterisk -vvvvvr"
9) once asterisk opens, type "restart gracefully"
10) open asterisk CLI again as described in 8
11) Dial into your phone system and go to user you want to have phone forwarded to by selecting it from the prompt. It should now dial out correctly. (Easy to test this using the cell phone you have listed as the number to dial"

I don't know how the script works on this web page in the admin website, but it sure seems like it would be an easy fix. Obviously the developer has put a place holder in there for testing and has forgotten to replace it with the variable you are entering. Hopefully once you fix this you don't need to go back and fix it every time asterisk restarts or another call type is modified, but I have not tested this yet.

This is in 7.10. Hopefully someone will take note of this for the next release. Sure makes your phone system much more useful.
Title: Re: Problem with call routing
Post by: dlewis on September 22, 2009, 12:10:40 am
This is a duct-tape way of doing it. You should not be editing the extensions_pluto_dial.conf file directly. Please create a script to do all of this automagically.