Author Topic: [solved] Genre list is not containig all Genres  (Read 4020 times)

Viking

• Addicted
    • View Profile
[solved] Genre list is not containig all Genres
« on: January 05, 2010, 10:07:23 am »
Hi,

On my Core I have removed all Audio that I used for testing and added all my 640 albums to public (/home/public/data/audio/Storage1 [27]/Audio). There are also some Audiobooks in my personal home (/home/user_1//home/user_1/data/audio/Storage1 [27]/Audiobook).

I changed the Genre of all Audiobooks to "Audiobook" because they were tagged badly.

Now there is only the old tags of the Audiobooks - and nothing else. See attachment.

Any idea what casued this ? Could someone tell me where in the Database to look for the Genre ?

Greetings
Viking
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 09:45:19 am by Viking »

PlatypusPedersen

• Regular Poster
  • Hugs?
    • View Profile
Re: Genre list is not containig all Genres
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 07:27:30 am »
Maybe it's related to the problem described here: http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=9430.msg64548#msg64548
If not, I'm out of ideas.

Edit: Noticed that post was also by you, so guess you have checked it already then...
* PlatypusPedersen goes to sleep now.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 07:29:39 am by PlatypusPedersen »

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 12:13:27 pm »
I'm probably not answering what you want but have you had a look at:
http://192.168.80.1/pluto-admin/index.php?section=mediaBrowserFrameset

Tick the "Genre" box and hit "go".

Should then display all the genres with a "properties" link to the right. If you click on that it displays all media with this attribute.

Is the "Audiobooks" tag listed there or does it only have the "Audiobook" with all the media?

I have had problems with the genres not going away before (never issues with them not appearing). Making sure this is all correct then regenerating the orbiters (full) has always worked for me....

Sorry if this isn't any help.  ;)

Viking

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 09:44:58 am »
Hi Wombiroller,

thanks, full regen helped :)

Also thanks for showing me that way to search :)
Seem like some of may audiobooks now has two genres :(

Any idea how I can get rid of the wrong genres without editing hundres of mp3 files in the webfrontend ?

Viking

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 05:42:53 am »
thanks, full regen helped Smiley
Good news :).

Any idea how I can get rid of the wrong genres without editing hundres of mp3 files in the webfrontend ?
Alas no (maybe someone else does)...Painful if you dump a lot of unsorted/poorly tagged media onto a drive. I have actually done a full reinstall once as it seemed the faster way  :o

Viking

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: [solved] Genre list is not containig all Genres
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 12:55:42 pm »
Found a nice way to edit the genres :)

in the web frontend select "Files & media/Media browser" and set checkbox at Genre, the press "Go". Now press Properties next to the wrong genres.
Change the name at the top and press "Update". If the genre is already there it will ask you if you wish to Merge - say YES here. Keep doing that for all geres that are wrong.
Now the genres are "merged".

Viking

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: [solved] Genre list is not containig all Genres
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 07:26:57 am »
Ahh of course! Good idea :)