Author Topic: turn on bluetooth - netboot of media director hangs  (Read 3774 times)

jamo

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LMCE user Page
turn on bluetooth - netboot of media director hangs
« on: January 25, 2012, 09:20:37 am »
Don't know if the two are related but my MD hangs when I enabled blue-tooth from the admin website of that device. It now boots up as normal and the UI (1) flashes on the screen before the screen goes blank with a non-movable mouse prompt.

There may be another problem but I thought in case it is related and anyone's had similar I'd post here.

In the bluetooth setup wiki it refers to bluetooth dongles but presumably the onboard bluetooth of a notebook can be used? Or not  :-\

MD:

Chassis: HP6710b notebook
    PSU: integrated
    Mobo: ? Chipset: Mobile™ Intel® 965GM Express
    CPU: Intel Core™2 Duo Processor T7500 @ 2.2Ghz
    RAM: 2Gb
    Cooling: ?
    HDD: WD2500BEVT - SATA 232Gb
    DVD: MATSHITA DVD
    WLAN: 802.11b/g
    NIC1: Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet
    Bluetooth: Yes

jamo

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LMCE user Page
Re: turn on bluetooth - netboot of media director hangs
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 08:36:34 am »
First step - I disabled the bluetooth dongle in the admin webpage for this MD.

Now when I boot the MD, she doesn't boot at all into MCE - the PXE starts up but then:

Code: [Select]
Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/b3r25ef4-8115-e011-1e88-6d990e4
Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/01-00-1a-4b-72-cb-33
Booting from local disk...
PXE-M0F: Exiting HP PXE ROM.

Which I presume means that the core recognises the MAC (which is why it doesn't hand over the standard new MD image) and the above files/images are referenced to this MD but for some reason cannot be loaded so the PXE systems bails back to the harddrive and win xp in this case.

But why....

• I thought of trying to start over with the MD but I read on http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Beginners_Guide:_Quick_%26_Dirty that deleting an MD from admin website is a baaad idea. Is that true? Is there another way to start from scratch?
  • Or, I thought of trying to check out the logs for the md (/usr/pluto/diskless/ (md number) /var/log/pluto)... maybe there's a clue there? Will try to do that this afternoon

jamo

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LMCE user Page
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 08:45:08 am »
Aha more information from the wiki regarding the PXE boot -

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Automatic_diskless_boot_of_media_directors#Programmer.27s_guide

So if I put on my elbow-length latex gloves and dive into the guts of the core I should find whether the appropriate file (/tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/01-[mac address]) exists and, if so, what is in it! Maybe it's just instructing the machine to reboot to local. That would be embarassing. ::)

jamo

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LMCE user Page
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 07:37:08 am »
Gloves are still off- I just rebuilt the image for the MD from the admin website. Took ages but that seemed to sort it out... kind of... at least it boots now.

Bluetooth (integrated, onboard) is still a query though? Yes, I can get a usb dongle but it seems a waste when the notebook already has a bluetooth device onboard... I've searched the forum and wiki and not much discussion around this. Will do a bit more experimenting and see if I can come right with it.

jamo

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LMCE user Page
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 08:29:48 pm »
Some progress with onboard bluetooth of md (hp 6710b notebook)- UI detected my symbian 60 phone but when I tried to select it in the wizard, the phone popped up a message asking for a passcode or passkey to receive info from the MD. 1234 did not work. Should it do that? What passcode should I use? Now it doesn't seem to detect it any more. Will get into admin site and see if I can see the device.