Author Topic: touchscreen problem  (Read 31354 times)

samsung

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: touchscreen problem
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2009, 03:08:22 pm »
Hello, has this problem ever been fixed?

Newguy2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2009, 08:18:23 pm »
Hello, has this problem ever been fixed?

no, I've been checking with every update, no joy.  Ironically, I financially contributed to the gyro remote development even though i knew i wasn't going to buy any gyro remotes.  But i thought it would be good to give back and say thanks to Thom for all his great work and it was the gyro support that messed up the GenericHiddriver lol.  I gave with one hand and slapped myself with the other lol.  ;)

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2009, 08:20:20 pm »
I can not reproduce the problem here, so I have no way to fix it. No I will not log onto a remote system to fix it, I have bigger bugs to squash.

-Thom

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2009, 09:57:37 pm »
i will take another whack at it.

-thom

Crawtech

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2010, 09:04:11 am »
Have you had a chance to  whack it yet tschak  :)
and if not can we help some how

Chris

seagullarity

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2011, 05:42:47 am »
tschak helped me to overcome this problem!

Symptoms: The touchscreen always brings up the Lighting "More" menu. The problem seems like every touch of the touchscreen clicks in the upper left hand corner.

Problem: The GenericHIDInterface drivers need to be rewritten. Currently, the event packet is being decoded incorrectly, and in fact the touchscreen device shouldn't even be grabbed by the GenericHIDInterface drivers. So let's just remove that functionality from the MD where the touchscreen is installed!

1) Checkout the svn source if you haven't already: svn co http://svn.linuxmce.org/svn/branches/LinuxMCE-0810/src

2) Comment out line 781 from /src/Orbiter/Orbiter.cpp: //pthread_create(&m_GenericHidThreadID, NULL, ProcessGenericHIDEvents, (void*)m_pGenericHIDInterface);

3) Download the libraries necessary to make the Orbiter. I downloaded the following libraries, though I might have more in the list than are necessary:

sudo apt-get install libgtk2.0-dev libxtst6-dev libxtst-dev libxmu-dev libhid-dev libusb-dev libttf-dev libtexttools-dev libsdl-ttf2.0-dev libsdl-gfx1.2-dev libsdl1.2-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl-sge-dev

4) Copy the files from /usr/pluto/lib into /src/lib (into your svn tree)

sudo cp /usr/pluto/lib/* ../../src/lib/

5) make clean ; make bin

6) Copy the Orbiter binary into /usr/pluto/bin on your MD.

7) Restart your MD.

Thats it! Obviously, this is a workaround and if anyone would like to work on fixing GenericHIDInterface, here's some words from tshack on the topic:

<TSCHAKeee> right now, there is a method in there that just looks for all the event devices in a directory, and grabs them
<TSCHAKeee> this needs to be changed to only grab the devices a template specifies.
<TSCHAKeee> this would solve the problem.
<TSCHAKeee> it doesn't exist
<TSCHAKeee> it would need to be specified i.e.
<TSCHAKeee> /dev/input/by-id/usb-Gyration_Gyration_RF_Technology_Receiver-event-mouse
<TSCHAKeee> with the ability to specify more of them by separating them with something like a |

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2011, 04:02:25 pm »
I know this post is going to piss off at least one person but...

TSCHAK was *PAID* for this work (and paid well).  Shouldn't TSCHAK fix it rather than pawning it off on someone else?  Why should others have to do the work that TSCHAK was paid for?

J.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2011, 05:56:11 pm »
phenigma,

It did what it was supposed to do regarding the 3101 support. It caused an unforeseen problem with someone else.

I can't get to it at present, he wanted it now. So please, ********* ********** **********

-Thom

Edit: moderation applied by hari, tschak please watch your speech..
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 07:31:44 pm by hari »

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2011, 07:35:21 pm »
I know this post is going to piss off at least one person but...

TSCHAK was *PAID* for this work (and paid well).  Shouldn't TSCHAK fix it rather than pawning it off on someone else?  Why should others have to do the work that TSCHAK was paid for?

J.

This will be fixed, is it in trac already?
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation