Here's something for those of you wishing to dig more into the system:
The result must be a new DCE Plugin, "Torrent PlugIn", written in C++, which uses LibTorrent-Rasterbar as its back-end.
It must implement the following DCE Commands:
Add Torrent to Queue
Remove Torrent from Queue
Report Queue Entry Status
* It must implement the following DCE Events (these will need to be created):
THERE WILL BE NO FURTHER DISCUSSION OF FEATURES FOR THIS DEVICE AT THIS TIME. THIS IS A PROGRAMMING EXERCISE INTENDED TO FACILITATE LEARNING OF THE SYSTEM, AND TO PROVIDE A BASE ON WHICH FURTHER DEVELOPMENT WILL BE BASED.
* It must place its status items on the Task List (the same task list that is used to display orbiter regeneration status, and disc ripping status)
* This is all the device itself needs to do. There is no UI. This will be handled by the web admin, and the Orbiter.
* This must use the LinuxMCE-0810 branch of code. The 0710 branch must not be used.
* Use the web admin to create the appropriate device template. Use the Climate Plugin as a template.
* Use DCEGen to create the appropriate C++ source code stubs to implement.
* Use sql2cpp to generate the necessary defines for the rest of the system.
* Test the device using the web admin, add the device to the router as a child, then reload router, and use the Send Command to Device link to send commands to the device to test it.
Developers will be on hand to answer questions. The more specific the questions, the more specific the answers. I would suggest reading the Programmers Guide pages category in the wiki.
Good luck, Gentlemen.