Author Topic: Workshop: Datagrids  (Read 36939 times)

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Workshop: Datagrids
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 05:53:18 am »
I know it's out of order, but you'll need a grasp of C++, programming concepts, a basic understanding of DCE, and have gone through my HADesigner screencasts.

-Thom

MarcoZan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2009, 07:42:19 pm »
I'm totally missing C++, but if you speak slowly I think I can do it  ;)
Count me in
Marco

Emiku

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2009, 09:05:08 pm »
Count me in!

massabuntu

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2009, 10:09:19 am »
Count me in too!

fido

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2009, 12:03:08 pm »
Count me in too

ccoudsi

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2009, 06:32:16 pm »
Count me in, please.
Cheers |[BEER]
Charlie,

LegoGT

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
    • Medium Rare Brain
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2009, 07:06:18 am »
Count me in
A brain dump of my neverending projects: http://MediumRareBrain.com

sp00nhead

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2009, 09:54:53 am »
Think i'll need to understand these if i want my work on xbmc python plugin intergration to work propelly

count me in.

wierdbeard65

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • My Quest
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2009, 11:29:13 am »
I still need to work on a conferencing system that can be recordable with this in mind. Every other method i've tried to record this has been disasterous..

so probably not.

If you want it bad enough guys, you come.

-Thom
Given the push to bring more people on board, it would be a valuable addition to the documentation pool, if you were able to get it recorded in some way. I've started working through the HADesigner screencasts and they're good (so far!).

I am not making demands, but I assume it will be at a "normal" time of the day for you? That makes it difficult to fit around work / family for me. My most efficeint way of working is "offline" as I spend a few hours a week on planes and trains, which is a good opportunity to read / watch screencasts / code (if I can get a portable VM environment set up). Also, unless it's going to be some way off, I doubt I'll meet the pre-reqs in time  ;)
Paul
If you have the time to help, please see where I have got to at: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Wierdbeard65

randomblink

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2009, 05:44:04 am »
For recording these things someone should look into www.jingproject.com, they are free, seem to record nicely, just 5 minute pieces, which from being a www.lynda.com subscriber I feel is decent enough for piecemealing everything...

Just a thought.

Kezza

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2010, 09:08:19 pm »
Has the workshop happened yet?

Even though I'm extremely novice programmer slowly learning and most of this would possibly go over my head I'm always keen to view webinars etc to help up-skill and hopefully down the track help out with the project.

I think it would be very beneficial to have any workshops recorded for reference afterwards and also for future developers who join. After a little hunting I have found the following have you tried it? From what can see it's a 30 day unlimited access free trial? https://www2.gotowebinar.com

Either way presuming nothing else booked in I'll attend.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2010, 10:08:39 pm »
I am reconsidering the datagrid workshop in light of future rewrites to orbiter, part of which will address deficiencies in the DataGrid plugin to replace with something far more flexible.

-Thom

Kezza

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2010, 01:01:39 am »
I am reconsidering the datagrid workshop in light of future rewrites to orbiter, part of which will address deficiencies in the DataGrid plugin to replace with something far more flexible.

-Thom

Sounds like a good idea to skip it then as your time would be more valuable elsewhere than teaching something that is going to be out of date soon. Look forward to the rewrite!

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2011, 03:40:43 pm »
I am still tempted to move forward because I think my idea will be scalable to future applications.

I am building a 3d cube with a top level menu, a bottom level menu, and infinite left right scrollable menus. So some version of the normal menu will appear always on top, an area specific menu on bottom, and area specific data populates left to right middle. So f7 will bring up the whole cube.

For now I am just worrying about populating the middle. Tell me if you think it is a waste of time.
I never quit... I just ping out.

rchamp

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2011, 04:47:17 pm »
i'm really interested in this as well. (chiming in to stay a part of this) :-)