Author Topic: 0810 alpha 2 no /usr/pluto/diskless  (Read 12920 times)

jimmejames

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: 0810 alpha 2 no /usr/pluto/diskless
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2009, 12:51:46 am »
I just updated to the latest alpha on a MD (http://wiki.linuxmce.com/index.php/EVGA_nForce_e-7050_610i) that used to require me to copy over the file as covered in the wiki (http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Unrecognized_NIC.)

I am currently going through the AV Wizard having simply turned on the MD- no hacking, no busybox errors, nothing- install has been flawless.  This box has a nVidia video card (using a PCI-e one because I needed s-video out) and the core (M3A78-EM) has an ATI video card- incase someone was wondering about mixing video card manufacturers.

Also just added a WebDT 366- installation was smooth as it was in 710.  There maybe an issue in that I am confident that I selected the Family Room as the location and when it generated the scenario it generated for the master bedroom; as that this is the wrong forum for this, I will leave it at that and post again when I install the WebDTs if I experience the same.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 01:37:19 am by jimmejames »

posde

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2009, 08:50:21 am »
I just updated to the latest alpha on a MD [...]
I am currently going through the AV Wizard having simply turned on the MD- no hacking, no busybox errors, nothing- install has been flawless.

Thank you for the feedback. Ticket #166 seems to be finally fixed. A long journey came to an end ;)

If anyone is still having problems with booting MDs, please file a ticket (after verifying that a similar ticket does not yet exist).
Currently on my way in the North Eastern United States - If I helped you, feel free to buy me a coffee: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=2VKASZLTJH7ES

cirion

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2009, 06:59:19 am »
I can confirm that this is working for me too.
I did a fresh install.
Booted my first MD (64bit AMD with integrated Nvidia 7050pv)
After a while the core MD asked for a Quick reload and the AV Wizard came up on the MD.
No drivers, no reboot, no xorg setup, pure fun :)
And a full regen of all orbiters

I then tried my Asus Pundit with a Nic that was usupported in 7.10 and a ATI integrated x1200 or something.
That one is also AMD 64bit.
After a while the core MD asked for a Quick reload and the AV Wizard came up on the MD.

GREAT WORK!

posde

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2009, 09:35:18 am »
cirion,

your post made my morning :)

Thank you for the positive feedback.

Now we need to figure out, what happens with the installs, where it does not work.
Currently on my way in the North Eastern United States - If I helped you, feel free to buy me a coffee: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=2VKASZLTJH7ES

Emiku

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2009, 06:06:52 pm »
I then tried my Asus Pundit with a Nic that was usupported in 7.10 and a ATI integrated x1200 or something.
That one is also AMD 64bit.

GREAT WORK!

Cirion, do you use UI2 and does the photoscreen saver work?

- Emiku

cirion

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2009, 10:03:30 pm »
Cirion, do you use UI2 and does the photoscreen saver work?
Yes, I use UI2 with overlay, and yes the photo screen saver works on the Core and all the MD's.