Author Topic: Developing a Weather Plugin, videos  (Read 5724 times)

darkwizard864

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Developing a Weather Plugin, videos
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2014, 03:49:34 am »
nice
I can test it after your done if you like.

mkbrown69

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2014, 04:10:19 am »
Thom,

Looks like there's a missing graphic file that's causing the proxy orbitor to crash when selecting the radar button, if there isn't a radar graphic in the feed.  I would've filed it into Trac, but it doesn't seem to use the same credentials as the forum.

In the file here:  http://svn.linuxmce.org/trac/browser/trunk/src/Weather_PlugIn/Weather_PlugIn.cpp

Line 54 references #define FILE_NO_RADAR_DATA "/usr/pluto/share/weather_no_radar_data.jpg"

That file is not present in the latest packages.  Everything else seems to be working fine though!

I've got current conditions going from the ISY driver to the weather plugin, and it's working well. Just working on getting all the forecast stuff parsing properly from the ISY subscription feed, and then that'll be straight forward to feed into your weather plugin.

Excellent work!  Thanks!

/Mike

phenigma

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2014, 11:51:50 pm »
tschak, ill as he is today, has provided an image and the Weather_Plugin package will be updated in the next 24-48hrs and will include the missing image.  Thanks mkbrown69!

J.

mkbrown69

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2014, 05:17:23 am »
Thanks Thom and Phenigma! 

Much appreciated!  I hope Thom's feeling better soon, so he can enjoy the holidays!

(Unfortunately, you have to get used to it;  when you have young kids, they pretty much get sick every winter for the first 6 years.  Been there, done that twice; now dealing with the "tween" stage  ;) )

Happy Holidays to the LMCE community!

/Mike