Author Topic: Pluto broke after update  (Read 2887 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Pluto broke after update
« on: April 02, 2006, 05:20:26 pm »
Hi,

I had a 'running' pluto system and on the March 28th it automatically upgraded the system to .39.  I rebooted the system and nothing was working anymore.  After trying to login through admin pages and ssh without success, I re-installed pluto from the kickstart cd.  The install seems to go fine (except I noticed maybe some trouble when installing updates from plutohome.com) and finally the last reboot hangs again when starting DCE router.

In Mantis, I noticed #1920 that "Restart_DCErouter.sh" isn't ran after the last reboot of the installation.  DCErouter isn't installed because it has unsatisfied dependencies: HAL, bind9-host etc."

I am wondering if this is the same problem I am seeing?  The notes for the above mantis state "Offline install is now integrated with the OfflineMode flag.  The flag can be set at install time => resulting in faster offline install."  So what does this mean?  If this is related to the problem I'm having, how do I implement this to make my system work?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Sevak

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Pluto broke after update
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 09:04:15 am »
if you are installing offline (without internet connection)there is a problem because on the cd there are some missing packages. if you have a internet connection use it when you install pluto and missing packages will be doawloaded from pluto site when you install.