Author Topic: How to deal with jerky live tv ?  (Read 17131 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
How to deal with jerky live tv ?
« on: March 02, 2006, 10:07:33 pm »
Hi,

I've read this mantis bug :
http://plutohome.com/support/mantis/view.php?id=822

I also have jerky mythtv live tv, but not so much knowledge what to check ...

Could you please contribute what to check when live tv is jerky ?

Also :
- what does ""generic before chipset-specific" driver loading issue " mean?

- I've read somewhere that mythtv is suggesting older NVidia binary drivers - do current NVidia binary drivers in Pluto work for you ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 10:40:51 am »
Hi all

just to be sure about the meaning of "jerky" :

do you mean that when looking  at live tv image is not stable but it keeps "bouncing" up and down for say 3-4 millimeters?

Do you also mean that colours are weird?

Do you mean also that when pausing live tv the steady image is ok with proper colors?.

If so, well ... I also have jerky live tv and I'm banging my head since a couple of weeks to have it working fine.

As I'm totally new to MythTv I don't have that much idea on were to start for troubleshooting and I'm searching on forums to get some clue, but up to now I couldn't find any solution.

I started to have this issue with latest release of Pluto, say that up to middle of january live tv image was ok.

Currently I'm using ivtv 0.4.3 with kernel modules, I have a Hauppauge PVR 350 on a EPIA M10k and according to what I read around this configuration should work (i.e no particular hardware incompatibilities are known).

If any of you expert guys can give me a hint on this (saving me some time investigating ... :) ) I would really appreciate.

Thanks and regards
Marco

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 11:26:45 am »
Hi,

not Engslih native, so maybe I'm misusing terms. I have problem that Live TV every now and then freeezes for fraction of a second, and after some prolonged issue it freezes completely - Mythtv can be turned off from another Orbiter...

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 11:51:24 am »
Hi Rob

currenlty I'm not using intensively MythTv (because of the problem that explained in my previous post, and that I will refer as "jerky"), nevertheless I've also noticed the same behaviour that you are reporting (that I would refer as "freezing").

So in the end I can say that I have both "jerky" and "freezing" issues.

Anyone else has issue like these, and (most important) anyone has some ideas on how to solve them?

TIA
Marco