Ok, put on your seatbelts. Next release will include a few structural changes that you won't see in the changelog (I didn't put the changelog tags for the automatic robot to put them in the changelog), but may break things (hopefully they won't). MythTV 0.19, nVidia packages built with the Debian package structure (thus the nvidia-driver package will be replaced by the nvidia-glx and nvidia-kernel-`uname -r` packages). This MythTV will have nVidia XvMC support (or so I hope, as I'm under pressure to make it work). The nVidia drivers also include the OpenGL support that the previous package didn't provide (the ATI one always had as ATI provides a "make deb" option in their installer)
thanks for info. Can I put vote for inclusion of mythtv plugins ?
- mythgallery could become plutos picture viewing app
- mythnews is RSS reader
- mythweather - displays weather forecast in nice graphic screens
- mythphone - decent SIP video phone
- mythweb - really useful web interface for managing/configuration (I shedule all my recordings through it- cause OSD and infrared navigation is pretty constrained)
- all plugins could be run from custom buttons on main menu (Weather, News, Phone)
- a bit of additional work (not so much if mythtv is already custom compiled)
- needs testing
Nice features to use :
- mythnotify - you can put nice shaped totally configurable notifications on live tv or recording view screens of mythtv (like "someone is at the front door", visual version of speech announcements, incoming call, etc....)
Any opinions ?
I'm interested in this, cause I used some of those plugins for quite some times - so if I'm able to help, I'll be glad to...