Author Topic: Exporting Device Templates - ignoring sqlCVS for the moment  (Read 30628 times)

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Exporting Device Templates - ignoring sqlCVS for the moment
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2010, 07:21:50 pm »
Hia,
anyone knows how to export the templates and where they are stored after export?
I'm trying to use DeviceTemplate2php.php, but there are errors.
TIA,
Paulo

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2010, 09:55:50 pm »
I'm trying to export two templates i've created, but no luck.
The export shows errors and i cant find any file. http://www.pastebin.org/115322 shows it.
Question: how to export the templates and where are they stored, so i can backup them and submit to svn?
TIA

The script in the lmce distro does not function properly.  You may have better luck with one I posted earlier in this thread but I do not recall the state I left it in at this exact moment.  I will look at it again but don't have the time right this instant.

J.

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2010, 11:46:26 pm »
Thx, J.
your version did the job. I will now submit both template to svn.
Kind regards,
Paulo

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2010, 08:28:40 am »
Paulo,

I'm glad it was successful for you!  My intent was to enhance the ability for testing device templates from install to install without having yet submitted them to sqlcvs.  I'd love to know what the devices were that you exported and what your experiences were using the script, it's not the easiest to use. 

Did you have any problems?
Did you have to alter anything in the script?
Were the devices IR or GSD? or neither?
Did all the IR/GSD code transfer properly? 

I hope to clean it up a bunch and create a better interface some day.  I had used the script as an exercise to learn a some php and sql so my additions to the original code were not the prettiest in implementation.  I learned a whole lot about the pluto_main database structure in relation to device templates.  Somewhere I have additions that add the ability to backup shell scripts (setup & pnp detect scripts, etc.) associated with the device template, and all child entries, and code that does device template association by psc_id in-case someone updates their sqlcvs after backing up but before restoring (I experienced a problem with this once and wanted to account for it).  I don't remember how much of that is in the one I posted.  At some point I'll look at what's here and the changes I'd made since then and merge them.

Again, glad it worked for you!  Tell me how it went!

J.

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2010, 10:12:18 pm »
Hi J.,
yes, the devices templates were exported, manufacturer pointed as: "FK_Manufacturer";s:4:"1057", model indicated correctly: "Description";s:14:"SoundBridge IR".
I submitted both templates and am waiting for an answer if they were accepted or not.
Let's wait to see how it goes....
Thx again.
Paulo

P.S. It would be nice to be able to set the effect (and if effect is to be used) for the given source, like files defined as movies, selecting DTS, files defined as audio and jazz, selecting Jazz Club, audio and rock, selecting Rock Concert, TV selecting Theater..
Most of the middle to to range audio/video receivers and amplifiers has multiple effect modes.
I could not find how to set it, so i do it with the amp remote.. selecting the effect mode.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 10:17:49 pm by pw44 »

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2010, 10:51:16 pm »
Hi J.,
yes, the devices templates were exported, manufacturer pointed as: "FK_Manufacturer";s:4:"1057", model indicated correctly: "Description";s:14:"SoundBridge IR".
I submitted both templates and am waiting for an answer if they were accepted or not.
Let's wait to see how it goes....

Your templates will not be accepted if they are submitted in this format.  This was a mechanism that was attempted when sqlCVS was less reliable and for people testing devicetemplates across installs before submitting them properly.  If you want your templates accepted into LMCE then you will have to submit them using sqlCVS, I think the wiki has a howto you can follow.

Thx again.
Paulo

P.S. It would be nice to be able to set the effect (and if effect is to be used) for the given source, like files defined as movies, selecting DTS, files defined as audio and jazz, selecting Jazz Club, audio and rock, selecting Rock Concert, TV selecting Theater..
Most of the middle to to range audio/video receivers and amplifiers has multiple effect modes.
I could not find how to set it, so i do it with the amp remote.. selecting the effect mode.

Search around, there are a few threads that discuss this topic and I know the IR codes are accounted and I think the fields are provided and available in the database but I don't think the relevant code has not been created to enable these settings to apply automatically during use.

J.