I've added temp readouts recently, the proper events should be sent now. Did anybody test the latest version on 0810?
Hari, I've got one of my Wayne Daltons set to Celsius and bound to my Z-Wave mesh and LinuxMCE recognizes it properly as a standard thermostat. I've tested the My Scenario buttons and they all command the thermostat properly and it responds as requested. However, the scenario buttons for +1 and -1 degree fail and both set the thermostat immediatley to 2.0C when pressed.
Also, the Climate Floorplan never shows a change, it shows the thermostat at On/Cool (25) no matter what the setting or the thermostat is really set for or currently reading. Is the floorplan display and functions still not finished?
I know that Hari told me at one point that only absolute values have been programmed at this point ie: 23, 42, 12. relative values have not yet been implemented, +1, -1 etc.
Hari has done some work on the zwave driver for the thermostat and it can be turned on/off, switched between heat/cool, and you can set it to an absolute temperature (for temp adjustment the thermostat must be in Celsius mode, and the temp sent must be in Celsius). Hari has no desire to do the work to convert from C to F as he is in Europe and doesn't need it. SO, long story short... the ground work has been laid and currently the thermostat is partially functional, all we need now is someone with some programming experience to step up and tie up the loose ends. Unfortunately no one as of yet has been able to tackle this project.
OK Guys, Thanks for all of the responses. I've got some programming experience so I'll be able to help as soon as I get time from my real job to set up my Development system. I'm already using my Wayne-Daltons in the Fahrenheit mode, albeit, a little crippled. I've got them set in the "F", Fahrenheit modes and I can send them Celsius commands and they respond with the appropriate Fahrenheit temp. This is not the greatest way of doing things but it keeps all of the household from going "Bonkers".
Now, for example if I want the downstairs thermostat to go to around 80F degrees at night, because all of our bedrooms are upstairs, I set up a timed event for the downstairs thermostat at 11:00pm, with a Set-Temperature of 27. When the command goes out, the thermostat immediately responds and changes the target temp to "81F which is a rounded equivalent from 27.22C the equal of 81F".
Since there is no exact conversion from two-digit Celsius to two-digit Fahrenheit, you cannot get the exact temp you might want with this work-around.
The unit and LinuxMCE will round it to the closest Fahrenheit setting, hence, 25C = 77F, 26C gets you 79F and 27C responds with 81F on the thermostat. Theoretically, to set 78 degrees Fahrenheit, you would need to send the command of 25.55C but this gets ignored and rounded down to 25C and the result is 77F.
This results in many desired target temps being unachievable but this is only a temporary fix and I admit, this is a very awkward way of things behaving but it lets me use the Wayne-Dalton units temporarily in the Fahrenheit mode.
Also, since the +1 and -1 temp sets do not work in either Celsius or Fahrenheit modes, I have just created and array of many "My Scenarios" Orbiter buttons with many different temp settings for both my Upstairs and Downstairs Wayne-Dalton Thermostats.
This gets me by and I will hopefully be set up and working on a final fix with you guys by this weekend. When I got my Thermoststs, I guess I thought the Orbiter templates read out the correct current temperatures when in the Celsius mode but when I saw that that also wasn't completed, I said, screw it, I'll stay in the crippled, Fahrenheit mode until we get it right for all who need it in either mode!