Author Topic: To Linux MCE DVD request  (Read 13933 times)

maneeshpan

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
To Linux MCE DVD request
« on: June 03, 2008, 01:30:46 am »
To Whom This May Concern At Linux MCE.org:

On May 7th 2008 -- last month I had placed an order for a 32 bit edition DVD of Linux MCE for $3.00 I had actually wanted both 32 bit and 64 bit -- later I realized I had made a mistake in not ordering both together -- when I saw there was an option to do so -- since I had already ordered the 32 bit I just placed another order for the 64 bit edition DVD. The website said the DVDs would start shipping May 25th. WRONG! It is already June 2nd and neither of the two DVDs I ordered had shipped. I tried contacting Linux MCE about my order but no replies. Not even an acknowledgment that I had contacted them. I placed the order(s) through Google Checkout. Eventually I toyed with the idea of cancelling both orders and placing a new one for $5.00 with both DVDs included. I tried to do so -- while I could place the other order I could not yet get the others cancelled. So I cancelled the new order. But then I decided to try contacting Linux MCE again about the orders awaiting cancellation and try submitting a new order in the meantime again -- of course another mistake. I have now requested all orders placed be cancelled. Then I can just place 1 order for Linux MCE 32 bit and 64 bit which will only be done when the existing orders are all cancelled. Some have been cancelled others have not. The order(s) placed recently -- I cancelled myself within 15 minutes of placing them.

If whoever is in charge of shipping the DVDs is reading this please reply to my email(s) and cancel all of the following order(s). My email account for Google Checkout and the email I am asking Linux MCE to reply to is: maneeshpan at aim.com (I am separating the email account name to prevent spam bots from picking it up)

Order Details - May 7, 2008 9:51 AM MST
 Google Order #548240138528617

Order Details - May 8, 2008 6:56 PM MST
 Google Order #720933456506690

Order Details - Jun 1, 2008 11:56 AM MST
 Google Order #549538195484468   

Order Details - Jun 2, 2008 3:57 PM MST
 Google Order #350475604632982

I want to know why Linux MCE did not process my order in a timely manner and send my original 2 DVDs -- from the 2 orders originally placed as of yet. Why they have not replied to any of my emails even? If they have the DVDs they should charge my credit card and send them.

JUST AN UPDATE: I EMAILED Google Checkout DIRECTLY ABOUT ALL THE ABOVE ORDERS AND WILL AWAIT REPLIES FROM THEM.

I still hope the Linux MCE team responsible for shipping the DVDs replies to my requests. Again my email is maneeshpan at aim.com

« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 01:51:15 am by maneeshpan »

danielk

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: To Linux MCE DVD request
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 03:15:34 pm »
Hi, I just noticed your post. I've forwarded the complaint to the fulfillment folks. The discs didn't get back from the presser until May 30th or so, and are shipped in batches once a week. I presume you have already received all the discs you ordered now. Please e-mail me directly if you do not get a response about this matter in a timely manner. (danielk at cuymedia.net)

james

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 05:14:59 pm »
I too am having the same problem. I orderd my dvd back in May, and yes I do understand the problems that you may be having with the press, But someone should have contacted me. I certainly would have understood. The latest was an email from Paul on June 10th that the dvd had been shipped and that my card had been charged on June 7th. ??? Today is the June 22 and still no dvd. I really would like to try Linuxmce but after these problems that may also reflect poorly on the software too.

Now after that has been said. How have you been shipping the dvd's, media mail, regular mail, and from where?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

aaron.b

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 06:59:10 pm »
All the discs were sent out.  There were several hundred of them.  They're just shipped regular mail.  I'll add your name back to the list as a 'lost' disc and so you'll get another one with the next batch that goes out this week.

james

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 08:24:53 pm »
That would be great. Thanks.

maneeshpan

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 01:21:00 am »
I have now received one of my discs the Linux MCE 32 bit DVD. I had submitted requests to cancel the multiple orders I placed and still have 1 Linux MCE 32 bit DVD and 1 64 bit DVD. I was promised I would receive 2 single Linux MCE DVDs for 32 bit and 64 bit. I have now received the 32 bit DVD since posting this thread (at the time of post the multiple orders were not canceled that was also done later) and am still waiting for the 64 bit DVD.

All the discs were sent out.  There were several hundred of them.  They're just shipped regular mail.  I'll add your name back to the list as a 'lost' disc and so you'll get another one with the next batch that goes out this week.

maneeshpan

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 09:54:11 pm »
I received a single DVD of Linux MCE 32 bit -- I had also ordered a 64 bit DVD of Linux MCE and was told that all the multiple orders I had placed would be canceled and I would receive 2 single orders of Linux MCE on DVD 1 being the 32 bit which I received and the other the 64 bit I am yet to receive.

naiknb

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 08:56:59 am »
same here guys I haven't received after more than month now. No reply when trying to contact LinuxMCE.
Google Checkout    

Hello LinuxMCE.org,

Mr Nilesh Naik has sent you the following message:

Status request for order #272735589557191:
Its now nearly month is there any reason why I still haven't received my order? thanks nilesh
 Order Details - Jul 22, 2008 5:50 PM PDT
 Google Order #272735589557191    
 Shipping Status      Qty     Item      Price    
  Not yet shipped     1    LinuxMCE 0710 - Both 32 bit and 64 bit installer DVDs  -  9GB LinuxMCE 32 bit installer DVD and 9GB LinuxMCE 64 bit installer DVD, sent via First Class mail    $5.00    
Tax :    $0.00    
   Total:    $5.00

user7

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 04:19:37 pm »
I placed an order for the DVD'd (978177607535456 ) on Sept 4th and still have yet to receive them.  On Sept after requesting an ETA, I received an email telling me that they were just shipped and shortly after that my card was charged.  Today is October 24th and I still do not have my order.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 07:09:18 pm »
whoa.

who has been sending out the emails about the CDs?

(yes, you can tell me, you can direct all the flames towards me, I'm one of the developers..but I have nothing to do with the CDs...but I can try to get to the bottom of it.)

-Thom

user7

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 07:46:54 pm »
The last email I received was from Paul Huber on Sept. 29th.  I hate to make a big deal over this, I'm just eager to build my new system and I'm waiting on the dvd.

user7

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2008, 11:26:03 pm »
Update
Today is November 15th,  I still have not received the dvd that I ordered on September 4th,  I also haven't had my email answered or received a refund.