Author Topic: linuxMCE is still not ready for real life!  (Read 49671 times)

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Re: linuxMCE is still not ready for real life!
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2008, 05:27:54 pm »
oh, yeah.. that's right! damn, yeah, forgot about that. :)

(he also did the first experiments with uncoupling the DCERouter from the rest of the system for the clean core approach too...)

-Thom
yeah, he was the first to compile the trunk on a non-lmce system.

Ok, we get it. you love him. Funny thing about free will is not everyone agrees :) My point was, stay on topic and keep un needed commentary elsewhere. Thats all. 'The Bullshit' was referring to the whole shite - storm in general.

Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2008, 09:25:18 pm »

(he also did the first experiments with uncoupling the DCERouter from the rest of the system for the clean core approach too...)

-Thom

Ok, we get it. you love him. Funny thing about free will is not everyone agrees :) My point was, stay on topic and keep un needed commentary elsewhere. Thats all. 'The Bullshit' was referring to the whole shite - storm in general.

Gee I wasn't aware this was actually a popularity contest.  And just in case you haven't noticed, the whole thread is bullshit, like your "Admiral Rickover" remark (whatever it is supposed to mean).  Have a look at the topic again,  and guess what... it was a heat problem, exactly like I suggested well over a month ago. ::)

Now can we finally get back on the topic of blaming lmce for our own incompetence so we don't have to look  into the actual problem? :P
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

Afkpuz

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2008, 01:02:22 am »
Well, when people just said "thermal problems", I checked the cpu and system temp.  Those were ok.  It wasn't until Hari mentioned the video card that I tried that out.  So thanks Hari!

And geez, there's alot of anger in this thread.  I didn't want it to end up like this, but hey, it got people attention and I actually got help, so what are you gonna do...

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2008, 02:57:44 am »

-Thom

Gee I wasn't aware this was actually a popularity contest.  And just in case you haven't noticed, the whole thread is bullshit, like your "Admiral Rickover" remark (whatever it is supposed to mean).  Have a look at the topic again,  and guess what... it was a heat problem, exactly like I suggested well over a month ago. ::)

Now can we finally get back on the topic of blaming lmce for our own incompetence so we don't have to look  into the actual problem? :P

Hey guess what asshat? Saying something is true without explaining yourself doesnt really translate into people falling over themselves to follow your advice.

And to be honest, it has degraded into bullshit because you cant seem to shut the fuck up.

BTW, Rickover is was known as a hardass who got results and shrunk (with help obviously) nuclear reactors to fit on ships. So it was a compliment. But i guess you cant seem to get that through your head. Wikipedia is your friend.

So in conclusion:
-Talking out of your ass is pretty much usless.
-Try to not assume everything is about you.
-Use Wikipedia
-Have a nice day
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2008, 03:20:25 am »
While I see both sides to the whole argument I do feel that the noobs deserve some slack (yes, I'm a noob too).  Mainly because while lots of things are documented, most things are not documented fully since there are so many variables to every install, and to be fair making the decision to go with LMCE is a major investment both in time and depending on how far you want to go, money also.  On that note, can we push for stronger moderation of these boards to avoid this kind of thing in the future?  I'd volunteer my time to help with that since there's not much else I am capable of doing at this point, but at least it's something and a positive start.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2008, 03:29:13 am »
let's just take this thread...sit it to th side.... take some xanax...and chill.....

go to our happy places.... see our happy places? good.... deep breaths..... find your power animal.....

:P

:)

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2008, 03:41:48 am »
lol...alright back to trying to figure this security panel out for me

...a side note while I'm all off-topic...I got the HADesigner running now and have started on your screencasts, haven't gotten too far yet though, but they look promising, well done

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2008, 04:34:35 am »

-Thom

Hey guess what asshat? Saying something is true without explaining yourself doesnt really translate into people falling over themselves to follow your advice.

And to be honest, it has degraded into bullshit because you cant seem to shut the fuck up.

BTW, Rickover is was known as a hardass who got results and shrunk (with help obviously) nuclear reactors to fit on ships. So it was a compliment. But i guess you cant seem to get that through your head. Wikipedia is your friend.

So in conclusion:
-Use Wikipedia
-Have a nice day

Thanks for the compliment, fucktard.  Try reading your own post a few times over, nice example of talking out of your ass you're setting there.
-- Anonymous

Afkpuz

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2008, 05:57:46 am »
Can we get a moderator to shut this thread?  I have overcome all the complaints I was griping about, so there is no reason to keep the thread open.  Thanks to all the people who pointed me in the right direction.  You too Zarec, thanks for putting up with me. 

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2008, 07:01:46 pm »

-Thom

So in conclusion:
-Use Wikipedia
-Have a nice day

Thanks for the compliment, fucktard.  Try reading your own post a few times over, nice example of talking out of your ass you're setting there.

Dont get so pissy cause you wanna jump up and down screaming without explaining yourself. Besides, didnt you say before you had 'better things to do?'

Good point AFPutz, it pretty much crystallizes what some people here cant seem to figure out.

someone get that kid a xanex...

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2008, 07:32:30 pm »
On that note, can we push for stronger moderation of these boards to avoid this kind of thing in the future?
that's strange. You are crying for moderation after you only contributed bashing and off topic posts to this thread (starting with http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=5363.msg33942#msg33942)?

This forum managed to run for months without moderators. Must have been the good old times.

Can we now please (with sugar and cherry on top) stay on topic?

Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2008, 12:00:17 am »

-Thom

So in conclusion:
-Use Wikipedia
-Have a nice day

Dont get so pissy cause you wanna jump up and down screaming without explaining yourself. Besides, didnt you say before you had 'better things to do?'

Good point AFPutz, it pretty much crystallizes what some people here cant seem to figure out.

someone get that kid a xanex...

Pissy, screaming... I have no idea what you are talking about.  And all you do around here is talk, out of your ass even.  Keep it up, it's mildly entertaining.

-- Anonymous

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2008, 12:33:53 am »
summary: thermal problems (GPU overheated)

closed.
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation