Author Topic: A basic Linux MCE question  (Read 2823 times)

kramazeek

• First post!
    • View Profile
A basic Linux MCE question
« on: March 30, 2008, 08:15:51 pm »
Hello,
   I am a very novice linux user and programmer and I was wondering if someone might be able to answer a question for me.

-Is it possible to re-theme and customize the interface? Can buttons be removed or added? add icons to buttons or anything of that nature? Any idea where I might go for information of this topic? Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 08:18:04 pm by kramazeek »

jondecker76

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: A basic Linux MCE question
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 09:27:39 pm »
Yes, the interface can be re-themed, and even re-arranged and completely redone. Start searching for HADesigner (its the UI dev program) here and in the wiki. However, it is very crude and not very user friendly, and you will probably need a little programming experience to understand and use it. Even more, most of us are just learning about it ourselves, so finding information on it isn't always easy.

Buttons can be added to the categories (Lighting, Media, Climate, etc..) through the web admin very easily without using HADesigner. The buttons that you add this way are called Scenarios. There are also some other simple customizations that are easily done via the web admin (floorplans, background images..)