Author Topic: Multiple channels out of one SB live card?  (Read 2649 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Multiple channels out of one SB live card?
« on: November 22, 2005, 01:45:55 pm »
I'm looking to find out if there is a way to use all the SB Live's audio channels as separate outputs.
Let me explain:
I'm currently running a Windows box with the KX drivers, which give me 3 independent stereo output pairs per SB Live card (LF/LR, RL/RR, Sub/center) Thats quite handy when it comes to controlling several zones, and I don't have to fork out a small forture for a real multi-channel card.

Anyway, can this be done in the Pluto Core?
Any attempts? (success or faliures?)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple channels out of one SB live card?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 02:16:11 pm »
Quote from: "outsider787"
I'm looking to find out if there is a way to use all the SB Live's audio channels as separate outputs.
Let me explain:
I'm currently running a Windows box with the KX drivers, which give me 3 independent stereo output pairs per SB Live card (LF/LR, RL/RR, Sub/center) Thats quite handy when it comes to controlling several zones, and I don't have to fork out a small forture for a real multi-channel card.

Anyway, can this be done in the Pluto Core?
Any attempts? (success or faliures?)

Hi,

I'm just working on that. Stripping Xine_Player code to audio only variant.... Will keep posted about progress. The problem is also volume control for each separate channel (I know for software volume control in Xine but I'm not sure it it will work under Pluto...)

if anyone familiar with Xine and Pluto integration would be welcome to join... I'm more or less lousy programmer...

http://plutohome.com/support/mantis/view.php?id=1394

Regards,

Rob.