Author Topic: Denon Receiver Control over Ethernet  (Read 41 times)

cafedumonde

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Denon Receiver Control over Ethernet
« on: June 30, 2016, 01:46:38 pm »

Hi all,

My LMCE system had been dormant and living in a box for the past few years but life will now afford me an opportunity to rebuild. I have been reviewing the wiki and forums for updates and I am planning my new build. Thanks to all of the developers for keeping the project alive, and a special shout to Tschak for all of the great videos.

My new system will use a Denon AVR3310, which allows for both serial and ethernet control. Support for serial is well documented but it seems that ethernet might also be an option. Release note 28682 for 14.04 briefly mentions updates to IP control for Denon. What is the status of ethernet control for Denon? Is it plug & play? Is it better than control over RS-232? Please provide status or experiences.

Thanks,

CDM

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: Denon Receiver Control over Ethernet
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 08:09:48 pm »
The denon CI series responds to the exact same commands over ethernet as it does over serial.  A few differences, your amp has to be set to not use 'low-power mode' or it will not respond to power on from the ethernet interface.  Use the AVR/AVC (Ethernet) device to control the denon over ethernet.  Your other option is to use HDMI-CEC control, which works great for me here.

J.