Author Topic: Security features - current state and future ...  (Read 29646 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Security features - current state and future ...
« on: October 29, 2005, 11:48:05 pm »
Hi,

I've enabled cameras under motion wrapper to send sensor tripped events (same as motion detector - I have one in my test setup)...

I spot that there are some minor things missing:

- cameras icons don't get red when in alarm (like motion detectors)....

- cameras don't appear on Wizard-Security-Active sensors, so none arrangements can be made

- I've setup alert types and specified Security in it - but I'm not sure what's the difference between 'Security' and 'Snap picture'.

- announcements on other devices - was this meant to be announcement with popup on Orbiter , or speech/audio  announcement to MDs ?

- on admin-alerts log web page - icons don't show with alerts - maybe it would be good to show snapshots beside alerts....

I'm also interesting in more info - what security functionalities are currently working.

Also let me remind on mantis report - we need to add possibility for user to enter customized lines for motion configuration files. Now when cameras will fire security events, we might get quite some false alarms.....

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 01:13:00 am »
Hi Rob

If understand well, you have set up motion wrapper to raise security event when one of controlled cameras detects some motion.

This is something that I'm also trying to do, but so far I couldn't figure out how to do it.

A simple thing I would like to do is : when motion is detected, switch every Orbiter to the quad view showing cameras pictures.

I've added a "Respond to event" handler, where basically I say:

When motion is detected by device Motion Wrapper then goto screen 1414

Commands are OK, but they are never triggered.

Can you explain me how you did it?

TIA and regards
Marco

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 11:36:12 am »
Quote from: "MarcoZan"
Hi Rob

If understand well, you have set up motion wrapper to raise security event when one of controlled cameras detects some motion.

Hi,

sorry but only in my test system for now. I also wanted to raise resolution to 640x480 and few other enhancements, but Orbiters are getting unstable if I try to get motion to do more things.... so that's why this is still only in my desktop. I think motion-wrapper should be rewritten to use newer tcp API from motion for retrieving snapshots (right now it's using signals -that is really ugly use). But I'm not good programmer, so I'll ask for some mutual help here, if anyone interested. we just need to connect to motion over tcp port and send commands and retrieve snapshost - I guess this is a breeze for someone more closely to C...

This is something that I'm also trying to do, but so far I couldn't figure out how to do it.

A simple thing I would like to do is : when motion is detected, switch every Orbiter to the quad view showing cameras pictures.

I've added a "Respond to event" handler, where basically I say:

When motion is detected by device Motion Wrapper then goto screen 1414

Commands are OK, but they are never triggered.

Can you explain me how you did it?

TIA and regards
Marco

I think that all this doesn't work. cause motion yet doesn't trigger events.... Send me email address, and I'll send you my current source code for motion wrapper.... In the mean time, maybe you can trigger events by hand from web interface to test your system....

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 04:26:16 pm »
Hi,

I did go a bit further on my test motion wrapper (beside triggering alarms as already announced) :

1. custom settings for each camera device:
   - I've added parameter #59 Configuration to template #66 Generic analog camera
   - there you can put multiline text for you custom configuration - it will be added after configurations that motion wrapper generates
   - Quick Reload Router
   - it works in my system (autobrightness feature was killing me for all devices)

2. I added web cambozola viewer to motion
   - web streaming support is already enabled in motion by default (in 0.32 it's only restricted to localhost) - I've disabled this in my test version
   - you can view stream from motion with nice java applet viewer called cambozola on ports 8000 and up (by numbering of child cameras) - in Firefox this mjpeg stream should be seen with no particular viewer - just connect to correct port...
   - I've generated web page in main Security menu, that displays me all cameras also with zoom feature (in Cambozola applet) - stream is much faster ...

3. The problems is that all these changes make Orbiter unstable in quad scenario - so Chris is now testing this...

If anyone is willing to help with HTTP API rewrite of motion wrapper, please let me know...

HTH,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 11:17:56 am »
Hi Rob

I'm not a programmer neither, but having a look on some C code certainly won't kill me.

I've sent my e-mail address on the private message board of this forum, so you can send me your testing Motion Wrapper code.

Talking about features that probably are still missing (or well hidden :)), it would be nice to have   the possibility to playback the videos captured by motion.

Actually motion saves mpeg/avi videos each and every time that some movements are detected plus a timelapse video (with a frame taken every 60 seconds), and all these videos are stored in the related camera directory.

So far the only way to play those motion videos is to make a symlink in the /public/data/videos directory pointing to the proper camera directory, but it is a little tricky.

It would be nice to have motion triggering an alert when movements are detected and to have on orbiters a button or something that allow you to play all the videos related to that alert.

That would be also possible for Mobile Orbiters, as videos can be converted in 3gp format using the script you found on motion wiki site.

This also introduces the need to properly handle "false positives" as you have stated in some previous posts, but I think that I need some more tests with motion itself before talking about it.

Regards
Marco

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 12:36:42 pm »
Hi Rob

I'm not a programmer neither, but having a look on some C code certainly won't kill me.

I've sent my e-mail address on the private message board of this forum, so you can send me your testing Motion Wrapper code.

Talking about features that probably are still missing (or well hidden :)), it would be nice to have   the possibility to playback the videos captured by motion.

Actually motion saves mpeg/avi videos each and every time that some movements are detected plus a timelapse video (with a frame taken every 60 seconds), and all these videos are stored in the related camera directory.

So far the only way to play those motion videos is to make a symlink in the /public/data/videos directory pointing to the proper camera directory, but it is a little tricky.

It would be nice to have motion triggering an alert when movements are detected and to have on orbiters a button or something that allow you to play all the videos related to that alert.

That would be also possible for Mobile Orbiters, as videos can be converted in 3gp format using the script you found on motion wiki site.

This also introduces the need to properly handle "false positives" as you have stated in some previous posts, but I think that I need some more tests with motion itself before talking about it.

Regards
Marco

Hi,

well we'll have to talk with Aaron on that. it seems that security plugin is maintaining security events database '- so I guess that new event should be added (or existing tripped off extended so he can carry link to movie). Motion has _on_movie event or something similar, so he can give plugin message where the file is stored and that link will be provided on web interface and also on Orbiters...

Update:

There is new debug version of Orbiter to try (I still get crashes with it)...

http://ftp://82.77.255.205/Orbiter.zip

Any opinion, Aaron ?

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 01:11:21 am »
Hi,

further news. I'd kindly ask Pluto guys to respond to this....

I've added few features to motion-wrapper (triggering tripped on/off events, custom config parameters via #Configuration parameter - same as with infrared remotes,

I've also shown to Valentin java applet viewer for mjpeg streams from motion that is much faster than Getvideoframe methods through DCE....

I'd kindly ask for some help:
1. cameras to show red on security floorplan when in tripped on state...

2. To be able to see recorded motion files in Alerts menu and perhaps Orbiters - I guess that Security plugin is maintaining database of events - we would need some message to pass path+filename of recorded movie (motion has that option - we just need to use it).... But what message to what device ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2005, 10:51:57 am »
Quote from: "tinia"
Hi,

further news. I'd kindly ask Pluto guys to respond to this....

I've added few features to motion-wrapper (triggering tripped on/off events, custom config parameters via #Configuration parameter - same as with infrared remotes,

I've also shown to Valentin java applet viewer for mjpeg streams from motion that is much faster than Getvideoframe methods through DCE....

I'd kindly ask for some help:
1. cameras to show red on security floorplan when in tripped on state...

2. To be able to see recorded motion files in Alerts menu and perhaps Orbiters - I guess that Security plugin is maintaining database of events - we would need some message to pass path+filename of recorded movie (motion has that option - we just need to use it).... But what message to what device ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.

Hi,

I've posted feature application on Mantis :

http://plutohome.com/support/mantis/view.php?id=1367

and would kindly ask for resolution. We cannot test motion wrapper enhancements without alerts listing - I suspect there will be quite some false alarms triggered by cameras (loosing picture, light on, snow, wind, etc...) so it's better to start testing different settings to make video security as realiable as possible....

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2005, 05:25:05 pm »
Hi,

I'm not sure if anyone is reading this but...

I've made some progress with motion-wrapper...

I had to put little change in security plugin, so now cameras can trigger security events. Basically I did this :
- added parameters 33 and 45 to generic analog camera template (Alert and Alert_type)
- modified security plugin (1 line, where it checks for reporting device category, added cameras category) :

Code: [Select]
if( !pDeviceFrom || (pDeviceFrom->m_dwPK_DeviceCategory!=DEVICECATEGORY_Security_Device_CONST && pDeviceFrom->m_dwPK_DeviceCategory!=DEVICECATEGORY_Generic_IO_CONST && pDeviceFrom->m_dwPK_DeviceCategory!=DEVICECATEGORY_Surveillance_Cameras_CONST) )

- modified motion-wrapper:
           1.it writes following in threadx.conf files (for camera with device id 6669) :

Code: [Select]
on_event_start /usr/pluto/bin/MessageSend 127.0.0.1 6669 -1001 2 9 25 1
on_event_end /usr/pluto/bin/MessageSend 127.0.0.1 6669 -1001 2 9 25 0

2. it reads added parameter #59 Configuration(string) and appends it's content at the end of threadx.conf file. This is useful for custom settings to put into each threadx.conf file...

Now alarms from cameras appear on alert logs, but be careful - there could be a lot of false alarms, cause settings and masks should be tuned...

Now I'm not sure how to check in those changes in code and in templates....Any help ?

HTH,

regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Camera's
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 08:02:10 am »
Are you guys using a video capture card in the core?  If so, what brand do you have that works?

Thanks,

Josh

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 12:49:37 pm »
I have this one :
http://www.e-misija.si/artikli.php?sifra=2210

Works ok, also there is cheaper version of only 1 bt878 and 4 channels...

HTH,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 03:09:52 pm »
Rob,

I have been following the work you've been doing for the security cameras and I think it is great.  It is too bad that the pluto guys don't think that the security features are high priority.  I wish I could help out, but my programming skills are poor.  In anycase, I will try to help out by testing your solutions with network cameras such as the Axis.  I'll post any progress on these forums.

Sevak

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2006, 08:55:14 pm »
Quote from: "sevprime"
Rob,

I have been following the work you've been doing for the security cameras and I think it is great.  It is too bad that the pluto guys don't think that the security features are high priority.  I wish I could help out, but my programming skills are poor.  

You won't believe, but getting some changes into motion-wrapper is my first c++ (or C) project. I just follow motion mailing list and thought why not - Motion wrapper code is not that hard - dig in and you'll see....

Quote from: "sevprime"
In anycase, I will try to help out by testing your solutions with network cameras such as the Axis.  I'll post any progress on these forums.

Sevak

I'll help as much as I can, but have in mind that I'm also Pluto beginner...

BTW, there is also nice alternative to Motion (www.zoneminder.org), but don't know much about its internals. Maybe one day we'll have choice between those two...

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Video Capture
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2006, 07:45:32 am »
Quote from: "tinia"
I have this one :
http://www.e-misija.si/artikli.php?sifra=2210

Works ok, also there is cheaper version of only 1 bt878 and 4 channels...

HTH,

Rob.

I am looking at getting 2 of these:
http://www.bluecherry.net/store/product.php?productid=419&cat=20&page=1

This site seems to have very good deals on cameras.