Author Topic: How to edit pluto-admin menu  (Read 4090 times)

lon22

• Veteran
    • View Profile
How to edit pluto-admin menu
« on: January 22, 2008, 04:47:13 pm »
Can someone point me in the right direction as to how to edit the menu on the admin site. I looked through the pluto-admin code and can't seem to find where the menu is being bullt. I was thinking that the menu might of been built with some special DHTML builder tool and that is why I can't find it in the scipts. Thanks.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: How to edit pluto-admin menu
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 09:34:01 am »
It's in the pluto_main database, defined in a series of tables, I forget which.. I will look them up tomorrow.. it's already way past my bed time.

-Thom

lon22

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 07:07:44 pm »
Ok I will take a look at pluto_main, but if you could find that info, that would be great. Thanks.

Matthew

• Douchebag
  • Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 04:11:05 pm »
It's in the pluto_main database, defined in a series of tables, I forget which.. I will look them up tomorrow.. it's already way past my bed time.

We really need to get together to document the tables in the pluto DB. It would be good to trim out the old ones that aren't used anymore (if there are any), because there are so many, and the complexity is interfering with attempts to even graph the ERD.

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 05:24:13 pm »

We really need to get together to document the tables in the pluto DB. It would be good to trim out the old ones that aren't used anymore (if there are any), because there are so many, and the complexity is interfering with attempts to even graph the ERD.

From http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=3459.msg21443#msg21443:
That's pretty big, but it's not insane. I bet there's some factoring and deprecation that could make it smaller, if not less complex, while retaining high normalization. But it's not really overwhelming, except when all the relations are shown at once, considering everything it's managing. If there were a graph rendering tool that could group tables into clusters in a zoomable scope, that would be good. Or just a tool that de/selected relations of only selected tables, or against SQL statements extracted from the code.
you changed your mind?

*grin*

best regards,
Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

Matthew

• Douchebag
  • Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 09:11:46 pm »
you changed your mind?

I haven't changed my mind, but I haven't expanded my RAM to do it myself, yet. But I have encouraged other volunteers to do it, if they can.

What we'll really need will be a wiki page where people can document the tables.