Author Topic: Alarm Clock  (Read 6541 times)

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Alarm Clock
« on: December 29, 2007, 11:26:11 am »
Good day,

to get to know events better, I would like to setup LMCE as my alarm clock. LMCE should play a specific media file at a special time each day.

Anyone has a detailed step by step instruction? I know, i have to setup an event for this, but I can't get the hang of the additional parameters to play a file onto a MD.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

rgds
Oliver

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Re: Alarm Clock
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 04:47:35 am »
Which parameters are you having problems with? Almost all have a tool tip. Also, have you experimented with sending test commands to the device to flush out what does and doesn't work?

I use the media plugin, and I use the MH Play Media Command. It gives me these parameters:

#13 Filename (string)    -  /home/public/data/audio/Internal HDD-CORE (sda1) [47]/Don McLean/American Pie/01 American Pie.mp3 <---I get this path from the database.

#2 PK_Device (int)
   - not needed here to work (in my experience)

#44 PK_DeviceTemplate (int)    - Also not needed to work

#45 PK_EntertainArea (string)    - 1, 2  <---this means the bedroom and living room. Separate each area by comma and you should be good to go.

#29 PK_MediaType (int)    - depends on what your playing. I always put this but i dont know if its needed.
playlists = 21
video = 5
audio = 2
? = 17 <---meaning my cheat sheet hasn't gotten there yet.

#117 Repeat (int)    - 0 = default for media, 1= repeat, -1= dont repeat.

#116 Resume (bool) - "true" means go back to what you were doing before. "False" means dont.

I added a test timed event to my system and if it works i'll post my settings here. I have gotten the above to work for me though. For example, "house to sleep mode" kills all the lights turns of the living room display, and starts playing my 'sleepytime' playlist in the bedroom.

Hope this Helps.
Langston
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 04:59:11 am »
Bump

messed something up

when i figure it out, you will know.

btw, when I try and fire a test command from the advanced events page, it deletes the event (and params!) Which is why i normally test everything from the devices page...anyways can you tell im bored?

more to follow.
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 05:32:21 am »
Ok, figured it out.

1. Log into Dcerouter

2. In frame on left side, scroll down to bottom to the 'Events Handler' category. Click 'Timed Events'

3. Enter the name of your new event in the box (the only place to enter it) and choose 'Day of the Week Based' and hit 'Add'

4. You will then see a page similar to the one here. You will see the rooms you can use, and you will need to enter the time for the event to be fired. Save at this point.

5. Then you will need to add the event to be fired. From the drop-down list, choose Media Plugin. Its a child of DCErouter I believe. When you settle on Media Plugin, the box to right will be updated with the appropriate commands. choose command MH play media and hit add.

6. This will bring up the parameters box and you can enter your setting here. Remember, use the path provided to the file in the database .You can find it under 'media files sync' from the top navigation menu under 'Files & Media').

7. Save you should be good to go.

Couple notes:
DO NOT test the command from there!!!! It will delete the command (but not the event). If you must test, either set the alarm for a few minutes ahead or goto the devices tree and send the command directly to the device.

;D

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 10:12:17 am »

I added a test timed event to my system and if it works i'll post my settings here. I have gotten the above to work for me though. For example, "house to sleep mode" kills all the lights turns of the living room display, and starts playing my 'sleepytime' playlist in the bedroom.

Hope this Helps.
Langston
Can you please add some more info to Wiki about your procedure of setup ? How to play playlist ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 11:52:30 am »

Hope this Helps.
Langston
Can you please add some more info to Wiki about your procedure of setup ? How to play playlist ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

and I thought I was up late...

no problem. will do it later today.

bulek

• Administrator
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 02:44:16 am »
Hi,

I also spotted that sentence :

If you would like to use this event as an alarm clock, choose what rooms this event should act as an alarm clock in. It will appear on the Orbiters' sleeping menu and you can change the time on the Orbiter.

Is it really possible to change time of waking up procedure on Orbiter ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 03:56:09 am »
Hi,

I also spotted that sentence :

If you would like to use this event as an alarm clock, choose what rooms this event should act as an alarm clock in. It will appear on the Orbiters' sleeping menu and you can change the time on the Orbiter.

Is it really possible to change time of waking up procedure on Orbiter ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

I did some checking and that was incorrect on a few fronts.

Both from my pda and the xp orbiter, you can only turn the alarm on and off. You cant edit the time. Also, I couldnt find a way into the sleeping menu / scenarios from the master bedroom orbiter. I recently upgraded that MD so that it runs UI2 instead of UI1 and the sleeping menu is gone. I think it is possible to add the button to UI2, but I will have to play around with it.

also, most of this information was in the wiki already so there wasn't much for me to add.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2007, 08:21:14 am »
this is precisely why I use my Nokia 770. ;)

-Thom

bulek

• Administrator
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2007, 10:50:54 am »
this is precisely why I use my Nokia 770. ;)

-Thom
you can edit time on 770 ?

BTW, I added feature request :
http://mantis.linuxmce.org/view.php?id=3754

Regards,

Bulek.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 10:54:07 am by bulek »
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.