Author Topic: How to quit the "Play Video" screen  (Read 6300 times)

m_tadeu

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
How to quit the "Play Video" screen
« on: June 27, 2007, 08:08:52 pm »
Hi,
when I'm playing a video, I don't seem to be able to access the menu. When I right click, the screen blinks as if it was going to display the main screen and turns back to the video screen. The only way to stop it was to press the stop key on the keyboard.

cckrobinson

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: How to quit the "Play Video" screen
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 09:31:16 pm »
If you are using media center remote (MCE 2005) you can press the "Green button".  That takes you back the main menu regardless of what's playing at the time.  I'm not sure which keyboard key the button is actually mapped to.

ddamron

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • My LinuxMCE User Page
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 07:13:21 am »
Hi,
when I'm playing a video, I don't seem to be able to access the menu. When I right click, the screen blinks as if it was going to display the main screen and turns back to the video screen. The only way to stop it was to press the stop key on the keyboard.

Press F7 while you are watching the video... that will pull up the orbiter.
hope that helps...

Dan
The only intuitive interface is the nipple.  After that it's all learned.
My other computer is your windows box.
I'm out of my mind.  Back in 5 minutes.
Q:  What's Red and smells like blue paint?

A:  Red Paint.

dale3h

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 07:13:33 am »
I have this same problem with my Gyration MCE Universal Remote. F7 pulls up the orbiter, but nothing on my remote does so.

How can I remap the keys on my remote?

1audio

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 04:24:28 am »
I have the same problem on some screens with the Gyration. We should list screens that don't work in the bug fix area and get them fixed. (I thought it was my remote, but it isn't. . .)

Hagen

• Guru
  • LMCE wannabe user
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 12:36:58 pm »
I have only done a test install, but I couldn't get out of the DVD window to see the menu without removing the DVD.
Glad it wasn't just me then.

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 07:23:48 pm »
I've just ran into this one as well, I was just trying out IU2 with masking when it happened.  Ejecting the DVD fixed it for me.  I've switched back to UI1 now where this problem doesn't occur.

Is it UI2 related?  Does it happen every time or just occasionaly or even only with certain media?

"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

m_tadeu

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 06:51:04 pm »
The F7 worked just fine...thanks

webpaul1

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 07:13:00 pm »
I know it works with the Gyration go-mouse.  The 3 soft buttons are the same and map to f6,f7,f8.  And it works with that custom remote in the video.  I looked at the photos of the Gyration windows mouse and it appears that it doesn't have those same 3 soft buttons.  The left and right are left click/right click.  Which in Ui2 is ok and cancel, not media & ambiance.  So I'm not sure what it woudl take to get the MCE Windows remote to work, or even if it is possible.  I've never tried it, but from what I can tell the remote in the demo video uses the same plastic mold as the windows mce remote, but the way they function appears to be totally different.