Author Topic: Support for sasc-ng  (Read 38187 times)

cirion

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Support for sasc-ng
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2008, 10:58:27 pm »
Do we dare to a wiki page out of the info in the thread? (since it in a grey area)

Is it any worse to see paytv with a payed subscription through a cs to make it work, than to rip a Bluray/HD-DVD to view it?

niz23

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2008, 11:49:19 am »
Cirion.

Do we dare to a wiki page out of the info in the thread? (since it in a grey area)

Is it any worse to see paytv with a payed subscription through a cs to make it work, than to rip a Bluray/HD-DVD to view it?

Absolutely no.

However there is resistance towards cs solutions. Most of the times this type of solutions are discussed it end it with only silency.
Other people suggest private forums for further discussion.

I have creted a wiki page with some info about sasc-ng in. Feel free to edit and add more to it.
English is not my native language so things may read strange sometimes.

I will add more text inte this page as over time. Need to verify how to build sasc-ng without manual hacks first.

/niz23

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2008, 12:23:05 pm »
i think yes, we should be able to discuss technical topics freely. I don't see that as instruction to break the law. I don't know which laws you have to comply to. Everybody has to decide that on his own, according to local legislation.

The problem with CS is that a user (depending on local laws) probably does the following:
1.) Patent violation of the DVB standards
2.) Copyright violations (nagra rom, ...)
3.) Circumventing copy protection (wait, its a viewing protection)
4.) Breaking the contract with the pay tv provider

I think you should ask daniel if we could get troubles with the hosting if we publish that information. If we are not allowed we could make a "non-free" Wiki on some .RU server ;)

best regards,
Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2008, 08:38:18 pm »
What does ../../../ mean?

Glad to see you got it sorted, and thanks for adding it to the wiki as well.

Just to answer that question, each directory always has 2 special "sub"-directories: "." and ".." which stand for the current directory and the parent directory respectively, so ../../../ simply is the relative path for 3 directories up in this case.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

cirion

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2008, 07:54:33 am »
Glad to see you got it sorted, and thanks for adding it to the wiki as well.

I never got it sorted :( I have no idea on how to finish compiling this plugin.
If anyone is able to understand what is wrong please tell!

I'm still stopping at these to lines. I have no idea on what they mean:
Code: [Select]
cat: .distvers: No such file or directory
sed: can't read ../../../ci.c: No such file or directory
Is the error before or after these lines?

As posted earlier this is what I get:
linuxmce@dcerouter:~/sasc-ng/trunk$ sudo make
echo 'const char *source_version =' '"'`(svnversion /home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk 2>/dev/null) || echo Unknown`/`(svnversion /home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/dvbloopback 2>/dev/null) || echo Unknown`'";' > .vers.new ; diff .vers.new objs/version.cpp > .vers.diff 2>&1 ; if test -s .vers.diff ; then mv -f .vers.new objs/version.cpp ; fi ; rm -f .vers.new .vers.diff
make -C ./sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src  CXX=g++ SASC=1 STATIC=1 all
cat: .distvers: No such file or directory
sed: can't read ../../../ci.c: No such file or directory
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/cardclient'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/cardclient'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/conax'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/conax'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/constcw'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/constcw'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/cryptoworks'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/cryptoworks'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/irdeto'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/irdeto'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/nagra'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/nagra'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/sc-conax'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/sc-conax'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/sc-cryptoworks'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/sc-cryptoworks'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/sc-irdeto'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/sc-irdeto'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/sc-nagra'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/sc-nagra'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/sc-seca'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/sc-seca'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/sc-viaccess'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/sc-viaccess'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/sc-videoguard2'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/sc-videoguard2'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/seca'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/seca'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/shl'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/shl'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/viaccess'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/viaccess'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src'
g++ -g -Wall -o sasc-ng -Wl,-whole-archive ./sc/PLUGINS/lib/libsc-*.a -Wl,-no-whole-archive ./sc/PLUGINS/lib/libvdr-sc.a  objs/forward.o  objs/process_req.o  objs/msg_passing.o  objs/plugin_getsid.o  objs/plugin_ringbuf.o  objs/plugin_showioctl.o  objs/plugin_legacysw.o  objs/plugin_dss.o  objs/plugin_cam.o  objs/plugin_ffdecsa.o  objs/version.o  objs/misc.o  objs/dvbdevice.o  objs/osdbase.o  objs/menuitems.o  objs/device.o  objs/thread.o  objs/tools.o  objs/sasccam.o  objs/log.o  objs/vdrcompat.o  objs/libsi.a FFdecsa/FFdecsa.o -lpthread -lcrypto -lcrypt
linuxmce@dcerouter:~/sasc-ng/trunk$ 

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2008, 02:46:41 pm »
Sorry my bad, it seemed to be solved...

Those errors mean that the build process can't find the files .distvers and ci.c.
-- Anonymous

cirion

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2008, 09:55:45 pm »
Any tips on what to do about that?

rafik24

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2008, 02:20:31 pm »
 Hi Cirion,

Those 3 error messages are just fine, the sasc-ng binary is made and fully usable with those errors,

next go to dvbloopback/src/module than make and copy the dvbloopback.ko modules to

/lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/

add dvbloopback in the /etc/modules file than setup /etc/init.d/vdr to start sasc-ng before starting vdr

nite_man

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • Want to work with LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • Smart Home Blog
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2008, 10:03:02 am »
next go to dvbloopback/src/module than make and copy the dvbloopback.ko modules to

add dvbloopback in the /etc/modules file than setup /etc/init.d/vdr to start sasc-ng before starting vdr

Tried to do like that but modprob cannot find the module:

FATAL: Module dvbloopback not found.
Michael Stepanov,
My setup: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Nite_man#New_setup
Russian LinuxMCE community: http://linuxmce.ru

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2008, 12:05:26 pm »

Tried to do like that but modprob cannot find the module:

FATAL: Module dvbloopback not found.

You probably have to run:
depmod -a after copying the kernel module so the system knows about it.
-- Anonymous

nite_man

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • Want to work with LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • Smart Home Blog
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2008, 12:33:50 pm »
You probably have to run:
Code:
depmod -a
after copying the kernel module so the system knows about it.

Excellent point, Zaerc. It works finally :)
Michael Stepanov,
My setup: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Nite_man#New_setup
Russian LinuxMCE community: http://linuxmce.ru

cirion

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2008, 02:57:58 pm »
I'm trying SASC-NG again...

But I am only getting errors... When I try to load the dvbloopback adapter I get this:
linuxmce@dcerouter:~/sasc-ng/trunk$ sudo modprobe dvbloopback
FATAL: Error inserting dvbloopback (/lib/modules/2.6.22-14-generic/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/dvbloopback.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
dmesg gives me this:
[ 2049.964000] dvbloopback: disagrees about version of symbol dvb_register_adapter
[ 2049.964000] dvbloopback: Unknown symbol dvb_register_adapter

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2008, 03:21:23 pm »
I'm trying SASC-NG again...

But I am only getting errors... When I try to load the dvbloopback adapter I get this:
linuxmce@dcerouter:~/sasc-ng/trunk$ sudo modprobe dvbloopback
FATAL: Error inserting dvbloopback (/lib/modules/2.6.22-14-generic/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/dvbloopback.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
dmesg gives me this:
[ 2049.964000] dvbloopback: disagrees about version of symbol dvb_register_adapter
[ 2049.964000] dvbloopback: Unknown symbol dvb_register_adapter

I reckon that kernel module was probably built for/against a different kernel version, or you're missing other modules/options.
-- Anonymous

cirion

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2008, 04:14:14 pm »
Any tips on what I can do?

I have tried getting older versions of SASC-NG down to revision 167 and I am still getting the same message.
Revisions below 167 dont let me compile the dvbloopback adapter...

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2008, 11:23:06 pm »

May I kindly ask you to not discuss this topic in the forums?
I'm sure you can get some help on irc or some other designated site.

best regards,
Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation