Author Topic: Support for sasc-ng  (Read 38361 times)

Xenu

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Support for sasc-ng
« on: June 10, 2007, 09:57:42 pm »
Any chance of supporting this?

Its a plugin for MythTV if i'm right so if MythTV works inside LinuxMCE then this plugin should also work ?

Thanks & keep up the great work.

domotiqa.com

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • home automation
Re: Support for sasc-ng
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 12:21:53 pm »
should be, if compatible with the version, and with the os version!!!
http://www.domotiqa.com - home automation

PeteK

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 05:36:36 pm »
I'm not certain, but I believe the version of Myth running on LinuxMCE has been modified from the baseline build.  I don't think plug-ins are supported with this version.

ddamron

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • My LinuxMCE User Page
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 06:45:29 am »
it's also a hack... (I've been waiting for it too)
sasc requires the recompiling the myth source..  it would be nice to see what changes were made to myth to make it work with linuxmce..

Then again, an up-to-date svn would come in handy... :O

that's not a cheap shot, just commenting..

It you have any luck with it, lemme know...

Dan
The only intuitive interface is the nipple.  After that it's all learned.
My other computer is your windows box.
I'm out of my mind.  Back in 5 minutes.
Q:  What's Red and smells like blue paint?

A:  Red Paint.

nosilla99

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 09:50:52 pm »
Hi guys

I have been running sasc-ng with mythtv and pluto for many months, you do not need to patch mythtv unless you are watching certain DVB programmes in the US.

sasc-ng provided a virtual DVB adapter so applications such as mythtv require no modifications.  You just tell mythtv to use the virtual rather than the physical  adapter.

Obviously you will have to compile sasc-ng on LMCE and to do that you need the kernel sources

NOS

lou__reed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 11:11:00 pm »
it's also a hack... (I've been waiting for it too)
sasc requires the recompiling the myth source..  it would be nice to see what changes were made to myth to make it work with linuxmce..

Then again, an up-to-date svn would come in handy... :O

that's not a cheap shot, just commenting..

It you have any luck with it, lemme know...

Dan

Sasc-NG up and running with linuxMCE!

Just followed some howto:s for redhat and myth... and now it´s running! 

I´m using MCE 0704, smartmouse, dvb-t card(boxer sweden), Newcamd and sasc-ng 6.10b.

/johan

rmwlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 03:20:53 am »
johan

Care to share the directions that you followed so that we can try them here in the States? Many have determined that it cannot be properly used for the satellite channels that people here otherwise use sasc-ng with MythTV while in LinuxMCE. Can't hurt to review your steps, and see, whether, just maybe its a little different and might work. Note, there are other steps that we have to take over here to get our MythTV working.

lou__reed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 12:15:38 am »
Ok, the wiki I followed is in swedish for fedora and here is the link:
http://mythtv.pbwiki.com/MythTV+och+SASC-NG

I had to apt-get the kernel-source before I could compile sasc-ng and I used the latest revision far sasc-ng(not -r 89) .

Works for me and hope it works for u!

/johan

avajon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 12:38:23 pm »
hi,

sasc-ng and linuxmce works very fine with DVB-S. Just follow the install instruction https://opensvn.csie.org/traccgi/sascng/wiki/SascIndex

lg
avajon

cirion

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 03:01:30 pm »
Has anyone been able to compile sasc-ng on 0710b3?
I'm not able to do it.

I'm stopping at this command:
/lib/modules/`uname -r`/source

I have tried sudo apt-get install kernel-source but that package is not available.

cirion

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 12:04:24 am »
I have been able to get a bit longer... But make still fails, and I do not understand the errors...

Code: [Select]
linuxmce@dcerouter:~/sasc-ng/trunk$ sudo make
echo 'const char *source_version =' '"'`(svnversion /home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk 2>/dev/null) || echo Unknown`/`(svnversion /home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/dvbloopback 2>/dev/null) || echo Unknown`'";' > .vers.new ; diff .vers.new objs/version.cpp > .vers.diff 2>&1 ; if test -s .vers.diff ; then mv -f .vers.new objs/version.cpp ; fi ; rm -f .vers.new .vers.diff
make -C ./sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src  CXX=g++ SASC=1 STATIC=1 all
cat: .distvers: No such file or directory
sed: can't read ../../../ci.c: No such file or directory
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src'
xgettext -C -cTRANSLATORS --no-wrap --no-location -k -ktr -ktrNOOP --msgid-bugs-address='<noone@nowhere.org>' -o po/sc.pot sc.c system.c systems/nagra/nagra1.c systems/nagra/nagra2.c systems/nagra/.svn/text-base/nagra2.c.svn-base systems/nagra/.svn/text-base/nagra1.c.svn-base systems/cardclient/cc.c systems/cardclient/.svn/text-base/cc.c.svn-base systems/sc-cryptoworks/.svn/text-base/sc-cryptoworks.c.svn-base systems/sc-cryptoworks/sc-cryptoworks.c systems/sc-seca/sc-seca.c systems/sc-seca/.svn/text-base/sc-seca.c.svn-base
make[1]: xgettext: Command not found
make[1]: *** [po/sc.pot] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src'
make: *** [sc-plugin] Error 2
linuxmce@dcerouter:~/sasc-ng/trunk$

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 12:41:43 am »
I have been able to get a bit longer... But make still fails, and I do not understand the errors...

echo 'const char *source_version =' '"'`(svnversion /home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk 2>/dev/null) || echo Unknown`/`(svnversion /home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/dvbloopback 2>/dev/null) || echo Unknown`'";' > .vers.new ; diff .vers.new objs/version.cpp > .vers.diff 2>&1 ; if test -s .vers.diff ; then mv -f .vers.new objs/version.cpp ; fi ; rm -f .vers.new .vers.diff
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src'
xgettext -C -cTRANSLATORS --no-wrap --no-location -k -ktr -ktrNOOP --msgid-bugs-address='<noone@nowhere.org>' -o po/sc.pot sc.c system.c systems/nagra/nagra1.c systems/nagra/nagra2.c systems/nagra/.svn/text-base/nagra2.c.svn-base systems/nagra/.svn/text-base/nagra1.c.svn-base systems/cardclient/cc.c systems/cardclient/.svn/text-base/cc.c.svn-base systems/sc-cryptoworks/.svn/text-base/sc-cryptoworks.c.svn-base systems/sc-cryptoworks/sc-cryptoworks.c systems/sc-seca/sc-seca.c systems/sc-seca/.svn/text-base/sc-seca.c.svn-base
make[1]: xgettext: Command not found
make[1]: *** [po/sc.pot] Error 127
make: *** [sc-plugin] Error 2

Looks like your system is missing the "xgettext" binary, here is what I usually do when I run into something like that:

# xgettext
The program 'xgettext' is currently not installed.  You can install it by typing:
apt-get install gettext
-bash: xgettext: command not found

Just try to execute it manually and then Kubuntu is nice enough to let you know what (and even how) to install, in this case "apt-get install gettext".

EDIT:

If you could keep a list of the things you have to install and then post it here, that would be most helpful to others trying the same.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 12:44:44 am by Zaerc »
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

cirion

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 05:56:53 pm »
Thanks. gettext is now installed....
But make still fails on the same line:

What does ../../../ mean?

The full log is now:
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/cardclient'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/cardclient'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/conax'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/conax'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/constcw'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/constcw'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/cryptoworks'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/cryptoworks'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/irdeto'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/irdeto'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/nagra'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/nagra'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/sc-conax'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/sc-conax'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/sc-cryptoworks'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/sc-cryptoworks'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/sc-irdeto'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/sc-irdeto'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/sc-nagra'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/sc-nagra'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/sc-seca'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/sc-seca'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/sc-viaccess'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/sc-viaccess'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/sc-videoguard2'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/sc-videoguard2'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/seca'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/seca'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/shl'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/shl'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/viaccess'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/linuxmce/sasc-ng/trunk/sc/PLUGINS/src/sc-src/systems/viaccess'
g++ -g -Wall -o sasc-ng -Wl,-whole-archive ./sc/PLUGINS/lib/libsc-*.a -Wl,-no-whole-archive ./sc/PLUGINS/lib/libvdr-sc.a  objs/forward.o  objs/process_req.o  objs/msg_passing.o  objs/plugin_getsid.o  objs/plugin_ringbuf.o  objs/plugin_showioctl.o  objs/plugin_legacysw.o  objs/plugin_dss.o  objs/plugin_cam.o  objs/plugin_ffdecsa.o  objs/version.o  objs/misc.o  objs/dvbdevice.o  objs/osdbase.o  objs/menuitems.o  objs/device.o  objs/thread.o  objs/tools.o  objs/sasccam.o  objs/log.o  objs/vdrcompat.o  objs/libsi.a FFdecsa/FFdecsa.o -lpthread -lcrypto -lcrypt

cirion

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2008, 06:20:32 pm »
For those who want to try compiling sasc-ng I have followed the instructions from these links:
https://opensvn.csie.org/traccgi/sascng/wiki/SascDownload
https://opensvn.csie.org/traccgi/sascng/wiki/SascInstall

Before even beginning I had my DVB-C card up and running in VDR and FTA working.
I'm using a Terratec Cinergy C PCI card with the mantis driver:
http://jusst.de/hg/mantis/summary

Before installing I did need a few things:
sudo apt-get install build-essential subversion gettext
To download:
svn co https://OpenSVN.csie.org/sascng sasc-ng
To configure:
cd sasc-ng/
cd trunk/
/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build
./configure --dvb-dir=<Path to driver>

I did not need the kernel source since I'm using a self compiled driver.

Make the module:
make module
I was missing a compiler.h like it said in the instructions and I just added it in linux/include/linux folder of my driverfolder with this command:
sudo touch compiler.h
And after this it is just make and sudo make install....

I had this plugin compiled and working in Kaffeine in 0710Beta2, but it was with a HVR4000 DVB-S card.
I have not been able to finish the make command yet in 0710Beta3.

niz23

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2008, 09:56:56 pm »
Cirion.

I have been running sasc-ng since lmce0704.
It work really well.
In my setup I fetch keys from my dreambox, dm-500t were I have my (paid for) smartcard.

Since myth in lmce is almost unusable for me. It crash after a couple of seconds so i´m stuck with recording only, watch later.
VDR is a lot better. Almost superb stability.
Haven´t tried any of the nightly build so I don´t know how much further vdr integration have come.

And so far I can say the same about sasc-ng. It have never failed me.
One thing to look out for it to manage load/unload of sasc-ng carefully.
In my opionon do not unload dvbloopback module unless you really need to and do not have any applications that are using the virtual adapters. If you do the kernel will Oops. Perhaps fixed in later svn version of dvbloopback.

My hardware is based on 64-bit lmce0704b with vdr at the moment. Seem to be the best app to use for tv here in europe even though it lack functionality like automatic channel scan and so on. To recieve dvb-t I use a hauppage nova-t 500 and a usb nova-t.
One thing to look out for in vdr is to lock down which tuners vdr can use. Otherwise it will try to use the physical adapters too wich can lead to instability.

I have been talking to danielk about myth stability since I have a production mythbuntu 0710 install with sasc-ng to which never ever crash. (using exactly the same hw as I have for my lmce test machine).

Do we dare to a wiki page out of the info in the thread? (since it in a grey area)

/niz23