Author Topic: TwinView  (Read 4122 times)

kobeyu

• View Profile
TwinView
« on: May 22, 2007, 10:36:23 am »
In MCE 1.1, is there an official way to get twinview working so that the main screen is a desktop and the tv is an orbiter. Ideally, as two separate X servers (with their own pointers)?

sharlee_angelo

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: TwinView
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 11:17:36 am »
LinuxMCE 1.1 uses only one X server for both Kubuntu desktop and Orbiter. and regarding the twinview, there are many tutorials on internet. like this for example:http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Dual_Monitors
Read the F****** Logs!!!

kobeyu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 11:22:42 am »
Yesyes, I have twinview working. But
1) I had to put the TV "LeftOf" the screen (despite that in real life it's right of...) so that the orbiter appears there. Is that really how I'm supposed to do it?
2) There is a deadspace under the tv (since its at 640x480, and the monitor at 1024x768) which I keep losing my pointer in. I don't like this.
3) I want to be able to use the orbiter and the desktop at the same time.
4) I want the cursor, whilst on the orbiter to be bound by the edges of the screen. Again, whilst I'm looking at the tv and not the monitor, I keep losing the cursor off the right/bottom of the screen.
5) MythTV, when loaded on the TV, has a window frame around it. This is annoying.

Basically, I think a lot of my problems could be solved by having seperate x servers. is it possible?

sharlee_angelo

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 12:55:29 pm »
only linuxmce 1.0 had two servers running.
Read the F****** Logs!!!