Author Topic: mythtv problems  (Read 13379 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
mythtv problems
« on: June 24, 2005, 03:35:27 pm »
Hello,

I had this in "hangs after myth setup" post. Since that problem is fixed I decided to create a new post, because I am still having problems with Mythtv. I noticed during the process of my core booting, when it gets to mythtvserver: mythbackendQsetting error creating ./qt  this doesn't happen during MD's boot. Also after the MD has started and the Welcome to Ratpoison message, I get no managed windows and then select: unknown window "mythfrontend".

Thanks,
Brandon

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
mythtv problems
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 12:05:14 pm »
According to our myth guy, both of those messages are normal and don't relate to whatever problems you're having.  You wrote "I am still having problems with Mythtv".  What problems are you having?  Can you let us know what's happening?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
mythtv problems
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 05:12:16 pm »
so, I don't need to worry about error ./qt or unknown window? Well, I must have a hardware issue. Basically, when I click on watch TV, it starts but freezes after 2-3 seconds. I don't want you guys to rack your brains trying to find a solution, because I have new hardware coming for an MD this week. I will start fresh when I have everything setup and hopefully that will cure my problems. :)  

Thanks,
Brandon

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
mythtv problems
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 06:32:15 pm »
Yeah that sounds like either h/w or Myth.  We use an unmodified Myth.  All we do is run it and activate the window.  So what happens after that is out of our control.