Author Topic: Orbiter cannot register with the router. Please try again later  (Read 5044 times)

Provide

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
This is one of those completely unprepared posts in terms of logs and whatnot (I don't have them handy at the moment). I spent most of the day building a core and successfully connected and booted two diskless clients. I also succeeded in installing the Orbiter software on my Vista machine and had fun starting an MP3 on one of the diskless clients and showing a movie on the other.

Then I shut the clients down and rebooted the core. Starting the core went fine. When I start the diskless machines and the Orbiter software (on my Vista machine), I get this error:

Orbiter cannot register with the router. Please try again later.

This error is shown on the diskless clients and the Orbiter software on my Vista machine. Nothing was updated in terms of apt-get or synaptic.

I've read around a few posts here and there and it seems I may have scarfed mysql. Not sure, though. I probably screwed something up by not letting the core finish what it was doing (quick rebooting the router, building diskless images, etc...)

Has anyone else seen this error? If so, what is the solution other than rebuilding from scratch?

I'll find out tomorrow if just reinstalling MCE will alleviate the problem.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 03:34:36 am by Provide »

Juliet Smith

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Orbiter cannot register with the router. Please try again later
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 09:10:37 am »
I've seen this error before if the Asterisk was disabled:
go to the web admin page (type your core's IP in a browser) and from the upper menu, choose wizard / devices / core and see if the 'Asterisk' check-box is checked.
Once I've checked it again, at the next reload, the error dissappeared.

But it might be another reason for it, too.

sharlee_angelo

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 11:57:15 am »
show us the DCERouter.log file.
Read the F****** Logs!!!

Provide

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 03:34:35 pm »
Too late. I've already tried to reinstall just MCE, which didn't work because pluto-dcerouter had unmet dependencies. More information on why I think that is happening is here: http://forum.linuxmce.com/index.php?topic=1532.0

One of my diskless clients has booted without the error but has been at a black screen for the last 5 minutes. Rebuilding the image for my Vista Orbiter yields the same error (see subject). Rebooting the core twice and nothing works.

:(

Like I said, I'm pretty sure I hosed the core by not letting it complete its tasks from time to time. Next time I'll be sure to let it sit and do its thing before I do anything else.

If it happens again I'll be sure to procure the DCERouter.log file first.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 04:38:46 pm by Provide »