Author Topic: Completely confused on how my tuner should be setup  (Read 3991 times)

efiniti

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Completely confused on how my tuner should be setup
« on: April 16, 2007, 04:29:43 am »
I have everything setup to my liking, but the last thing I need accomplish the task of being able to watch tv through mythtv.  I currently have a video card displaying output to my tv through s-video.  Everything there is working fine. 

Then I have a TV card, the hauppage pvr-500, thats hooked up.  I installed the ivtv drivers in Ubuntu and made sure everything was setup before installing linuxmce.  This tv card has composite audio/video cables connected to the composite input on the tuner and (i believe) the other end is connected to the composite out on my tv.  I'm not sure how I'm supposed to go about setting it up in linuxmce so I can watch tv, record, etc. 

i'm completely lost on this.  is there a way i can remove and reconfigure my tv card or something?  i'm not sure if everything is setup correctly or not.  :(

cckrobinson

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Completely confused on how my tuner should be setup
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 03:30:51 am »
Start by my running the Mythtv-setup from inside the Orbiter: Advanced->Computing->MythTV Setup.  That will allow you to configure your capture card.  To schedule recordings you can either do it from MythWeb or using the mythfrontend.

NeonDemon

• View Profile
Re: Completely confused on how my tuner should be setup
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 07:23:53 pm »
Ive been having some problems configuring my orbiter with a hauppage 500 aswell. please let me know if youve solved your problems :)