Author Topic: Mouse control  (Read 3782 times)

Cwiiis

• View Profile
Mouse control
« on: April 14, 2007, 03:45:09 pm »
At the moment, I'm using a wireless trackball to control my LinuxMCE machine. The problem is, it only has buttons 1-3 - I assume other functions are mapped to buttons 4 and 5 (mouse-wheel), as I'm unable to seek at all and I can't unhide the UI without using the keyboard. My middle button does nothing currently, it'd be nice if I could map right-click to always return to the initial screen and the middle button to cycle/toggle seeking modes so I don't have to touch the keyboard.

Is this possible? If not, is it even possible to seek without a mouse? I may well get the gyro mouse used in the demonstration video, but I'd like to know if I could achieve reasonable controls using what I already have...

sharlee_angelo

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse control
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 04:42:35 pm »
it would be interesting to see if the mouse works at its best in Ubuntu. mapping a mouse with more than 2 buttons can be done by adding some extra options in xorg.conf.pluto. the behaviour of the mouse in mce is given by how good it's recognized by Xorg.
Read the F****** Logs!!!

Cwiiis

• View Profile
Re: Mouse control
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 09:05:01 pm »
The mouse is recognised fine under normal Ubuntu and by Xorg - It's a 3-button mouse with no scroll-wheel. The 3rd (middle) button does nothing. Is the middle button meant to do anything? I'd like to be able to use LinuxMCE without buying any fancy remote controls or gyro mice if I could avoid it...