Author Topic: No sound on cisco 7970  (Read 3482 times)

Esperanto

• Guru
    • View Profile
No sound on cisco 7970
« on: November 25, 2013, 08:06:28 pm »
Hi,

I just connected a Cisco 7970 (using sccp) to my setup but the incomming sound is not working. Anyone knows what might be the issue.

Maybe interesting for others: I also had an issue with connecting to my sip provider which gave me the message  'The Number You have Dialed is not In Service' when caling the number. I seemed what caused it was that reverse DNS did not resolve to the hostname. Specifying the IP address in the host field solved that.

Esperanto

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: No sound on cisco 7970
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 08:00:29 pm »
nobody?

I hoped telecom was fully functional. I have a basic setup with one SIP provider and one phone connected. Calling on the core (directly connected to the internet) works properly. Only the incomming audio on the cisco is lacking.

any suggestion appreciated.

bherbie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 09:28:17 pm »
I'm not sure how many folks actually use the 7970 with LMCE.  I have one and installed it for use mostly as an orbiter in my bedroom but the orbiter part runs extremely slow and some parts of it just aren't functional(floor plan for lights and climate).  I am running 10.04 and thought that the telecom was fixed in the RC but I have never had sound on the 7970.  I have sound on my MDs during telecom but the other party cannot hear me so there are parts of the telecom that are working.

I know this isn't helpful to correcting the issue and I am just letting you know that it doesn't work for me and because of the latency with the orbiter, I am not sure a lot of folks are even using this phone.  I know there are some threads about the 7970 here on the forum but none of them are related to the sound issue - just mostly how to install.

-herb

Foxi352

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 11:59:15 am »
Hi !

I have a 7970 that works without sound problems using SCCP.

Check on your firewall (Advanced -> Network -> Firewall rules) that you have a rule that allows incoming RTP (sound) packets:

Protocol: udp
IP version: both
Source port: 10000 to 20000
Type: core_input

Serge

Esperanto

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 04:33:01 pm »
I have a 7970 that works without sound problems using SCCP.

Check on your firewall (Advanced -> Network -> Firewall rules) that you have a rule that allows incoming RTP (sound) packets:

Protocol: udp
IP version: both
Source port: 10000 to 20000
Type: core_input

Thanks but it did not make a difference. Since I already was able to receive sound using the orbiter on the core/hybrid I am not sure if this made any difference in any case.

Anything else you can think of that might cause this? I am a bit confused since there is not much to configure. The cisco is pnp, the sip provider is straightforward and the core is directly connected to the internet. hmmmm.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 05:02:38 pm »
Where the hell is this thought that telecom is working, coming from? We're WORKING ON IT.. WE'RE STILL WORKING ON IT IN 12.04. For some things it works well, for some things it doesn't work at all.

I do not have a working 7970 any more, so I can't verify that things work or not.

bherbie: as for the issue you experienced, The Cisco 7970 has a maximum limit of 32 hot spots per screen. If there are any more, the Proxy orbiter will simply not generate hot spots for any of the elements on screen, and you'll have screens that you can't do anything on. There is no clean solution here, as a great many screen changes need to be done to make the 7970 usable again, things have changed since 2007...

-Thom