Author Topic: qOrbiter won't connect to MD/Core  (Read 4209 times)

Farmboy

• View Profile
qOrbiter won't connect to MD/Core
« on: August 21, 2013, 03:43:08 am »
Looking for some help to get qOrbiter working and haven't been able to find anything to help with my problem in the forums or the wiki.

I have successfully installed qOrbiter onto an Android tablet and followed the instructions on setting up the Orbiter in the LinuxMCE admin section, but when I start the app, it tries to connect to the MD/core and then says it 'can't connect but will keep trying'

I can connect to the MD/core with a browser using the standard IP address, so I'm not sure what I'm not doing.

Hopefully someone can put me on the right track.

BTW, congrats to the Devs on the latest release. LinuxMCE gets slicker and slicker with every release

jamo

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LMCE user Page
Re: qOrbiter won't connect to MD/Core
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 03:29:52 pm »
Hey Farmboy... what IP address would that be (that your browser connects to)? If it's not 192.168.80.1 then you will need to
a) setup the config file on the tablet
b) open a couple of ports in the linuxmce firewall.
This is detailed on the wiki somewhere so I hope I'm not pointing out the obvious.

Crumble

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 12:08:42 am »
I use the generic proxy orbiter from the admin website. That is until golgoj finishes working on the new ones. 

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 01:43:41 am »
Looking for some help to get qOrbiter working and haven't been able to find anything to help with my problem in the forums or the wiki.

I have successfully installed qOrbiter onto an Android tablet and followed the instructions on setting up the Orbiter in the LinuxMCE admin section, but when I start the app, it tries to connect to the MD/core and then says it 'can't connect but will keep trying'

I can connect to the MD/core with a browser using the standard IP address, so I'm not sure what I'm not doing.

Hopefully someone can put me on the right track.

BTW, congrats to the Devs on the latest release. LinuxMCE gets slicker and slicker with every release

I just updated the instructions. It seems there was incorrect information on how to setup the skins.

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/QOrbiter_Setup

-golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

Farmboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 04:36:34 am »
Thanks guys,
In answer to your questions about my setup.
I am using the 'standard' IP address (192.168.80.1), which I can connect to over WiFi. The Android Orbiter connects fine; so I am using that at present.
One thing I did notice in the Orbiter section of the admin site is that the qOrbiter I added (as per instructions) has fields for both MAC address and IP address which I left blank. Is that where I'm going wrong?
Cheers
Paul

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 03:28:08 am »
Thanks guys,
In answer to your questions about my setup.
I am using the 'standard' IP address (192.168.80.1), which I can connect to over WiFi. The Android Orbiter connects fine; so I am using that at present.
One thing I did notice in the Orbiter section of the admin site is that the qOrbiter I added (as per instructions) has fields for both MAC address and IP address which I left blank. Is that where I'm going wrong?
Cheers
Paul

No, actually there was much more going on (or not) please see instructions here ==> http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php/topic,13344.0.html

golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.