Author Topic: Need some dedicated testers.  (Read 287441 times)

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: Need some dedicated testers.
« Reply #210 on: October 12, 2013, 09:33:39 pm »
merkur2k does.

In general, it makes more sense to state the problem, than asking if someone knows a specific tool.

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #211 on: October 15, 2013, 12:47:57 am »
I want help with qml dammit! And since its basically js, i thought I would ask.

Also looking for reviews / improvements of my java code, so if you know java but not Qt, let me know.

This weekend I was working on a top secret thing...and fixing auto tagger. back to working on QML.
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #212 on: October 15, 2013, 05:26:26 am »
added power selector. changed how room selection is handled. please confirm you can access all your ea and such still.
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 16, 2013, 12:08:02 am »
Downloaded todays APK

Room and entertainment area selection, all working for me
Dont see what is different with the power button, it is not working for me

Langstonius, I have a basic understanding of java / javascript, but fairly good scripting skills. Just very little time.
Do you have a small task that i can try to do?

Anton
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 12:11:01 am by Dap-P »

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
« Reply #214 on: October 18, 2013, 05:56:00 am »
what skin?

as far as the threads, well its a lot of moving parts and im still not settled on the current implementation.

Smokey mostly. It works fine sometimes but generally is very slow. It is happening right now with the latest version. It looks like it switches but forgets to do a redraw until the next background image shows up. That's been my experience and what is happening at the very moment.

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
« Reply #215 on: October 18, 2013, 05:56:42 am »
Anyone here know javascript?

I do quite well. I had no idea that QML was similar. I'm rather unfamiliar with the technology. What can I do? I have no clue about this tech whatsoever.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #216 on: October 18, 2013, 10:17:30 pm »
I do quite well. I had no idea that QML was similar. I'm rather unfamiliar with the technology. What can I do? I have no clue about this tech whatsoever.

Long story short, QML is essentially Javascript. which mean that the entire UI layer...is really javascript. Im just looking for people who know JS and would be willing to take a stab at helping fix minor ui bugs, etc.

-Langston

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 18, 2013, 10:25:18 pm »
If I may interject:

QML is a declarative language, first and foremost. So you specify Items, and give them properties, and react and emit signals.

e.g.

Code: [Select]
Rectangle {
    width: 400
    height: 400
    x: 4
    y: 300
    color: blue
}

in addition, you can use JavaScript, any time that an imperative section is needed (such as for a signal callback):

Code: [Select]
   onClicked: { doSomething(); }

There's more, but that should give you an idea. Plenty of example code in the qml folder for qOrbiter, as well as plenty of introductory material on the Qt site, (google can find it).

-Thom

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #218 on: October 23, 2013, 06:50:13 am »
Updates for x86 and android
Added ui, functionality to select private media on x86
*need ui on android
*added experimental android media player. More of a test of other possibilities in the domain.
*changed throttling speed on android to slow down. Previous speed caused crashes on long runs. (tested with 8,687 audio titles.))

upcoming priorities
*Implement private media selection, viewed/unviewed selection.
*Implement different item views for media types (movies, music, tv shows)
*Normalize small screen, tablet UI (smokey on small screen) as much as possible.
*Add missing functionality to media screens (missing ui, backend exists) on tablet, phone UI
*implement screensaver for phone / tablet UI (onscreen elements go away _except_ for actual screens saver.)
*Fix bugs found by people.
*RPI target
*semi-related work on autotagger.
*find someone to help with screens. there are already examples for everything including dvd playback. just need UI assembly.

oh, and i may be MIA as Qt DevDays is coming up Nov 6 - 8 and ill be attending.

Cheers
Langston

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 24, 2013, 12:14:09 am »
Updates for x86 and android
Added ui, functionality to select private media on x86
*need ui on android
*added experimental android media player. More of a test of other possibilities in the domain.
*changed throttling speed on android to slow down. Previous speed caused crashes on long runs. (tested with 8,687 audio titles.))

upcoming priorities
*Implement private media selection, viewed/unviewed selection.
*Implement different item views for media types (movies, music, tv shows)
*Normalize small screen, tablet UI (smokey on small screen) as much as possible.
*Add missing functionality to media screens (missing ui, backend exists) on tablet, phone UI
*implement screensaver for phone / tablet UI (onscreen elements go away _except_ for actual screens saver.)
*Fix bugs found by people.
*RPI target
*semi-related work on autotagger.
*find someone to help with screens. there are already examples for everything including dvd playback. just need UI assembly.

oh, and i may be MIA as Qt DevDays is coming up Nov 6 - 8 and ill be attending.

Cheers
Langston

Downloaded new apk, and new skins, and run new setupqorbiter.sh
I noticed there are still qt5 stuff downloaded via the setupqorbiter script

few small issues...
- Start qorbiter, i get a new screen, asking for a router reload. i have this problem on all my systems. but i cannot read the text on the buttons, both buttons just say 'Reload'. i found out the left button is yes, and the right button is no
- cannot select the smokey skin, i see it, but when i want to select it, nothing happens.
- Power menu is available. but if i press the display on, or display off buttons, qorbiter crashed
- I normally do not use the default skin, but now, i notice if i play any media, on qorbiter the screen just goes blank. only the background (blue/red pixels) is there.
- Definitly notice qorbiter is slower. the datagrid loading speed is now about the same as when i previously connect over 3g with a vpn from workplace, to show my colleges my new cool toy ;)
- Dont know if this is skin related or new version related, but i have difficulties selecting rooms. it's to easy to swipe the room left and right, and then it is not possible to scroll up and down.
- In the new security panel, the pincode that you enter gets displayed. And the buttons for selecting the security mode do not work
- While browings media (video), i notice that the A-Z button do not work right from the start. you have to wait until all media is loaded. is it possible to show these schortcut letters, when media is found that start with that specific letter?

Just a short check of functions, i will report back if i find new problems, although i really not like the default skin, i will put myself through this horror ;)

Anton

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 12:20:01 am by Dap-P »

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #220 on: October 24, 2013, 01:42:11 am »
Downloaded new apk, and new skins, and run new setupqorbiter.sh
I noticed there are still qt5 stuff downloaded via the setupqorbiter script

few small issues...
- Start qorbiter, i get a new screen, asking for a router reload. i have this problem on all my systems. but i cannot read the text on the buttons, both buttons just say 'Reload'. i found out the left button is yes, and the right button is no
- cannot select the smokey skin, i see it, but when i want to select it, nothing happens.
- Power menu is available. but if i press the display on, or display off buttons, qorbiter crashed
- I normally do not use the default skin, but now, i notice if i play any media, on qorbiter the screen just goes blank. only the background (blue/red pixels) is there.
- Definitly notice qorbiter is slower. the datagrid loading speed is now about the same as when i previously connect over 3g with a vpn from workplace, to show my colleges my new cool toy ;)
- Dont know if this is skin related or new version related, but i have difficulties selecting rooms. it's to easy to swipe the room left and right, and then it is not possible to scroll up and down.
- In the new security panel, the pincode that you enter gets displayed. And the buttons for selecting the security mode do not work
- While browings media (video), i notice that the A-Z button do not work right from the start. you have to wait until all media is loaded. is it possible to show these schortcut letters, when media is found that start with that specific letter?

Just a short check of functions, i will report back if i find new problems, although i really not like the default skin, i will put myself through this horror ;)

Anton

looking into it. Thank you for your dilligence in testing. Posde mentioned this as well and I suspect I know the cause, but im a bit confused since you downloaded the latest.

*The Qt5 stuff is considered 'common' so its downloaded with the rest
*The datagrids are a work in progress. i have ideas across all the skins, just needs to unify them which is high on my list. Frankly its been a learning process in UX and software design going from the paradigm of the exising to Orbiter to something as dynamic as qOrbiter.

Im working on all of this stuff as fast as I can as SCALE 2014 is in Feb and I want people to think we are running XBMC. ;)

Then I get to do my LOTR schtick
"That UI was broken long ago..."
"It has been remade!"
*epic music*

cheers
-QA Dept.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 01:48:31 am by golgoj4 »

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #221 on: October 24, 2013, 01:51:04 am »
oh and do you see 'Audio Service Started' when qOrbiter starts?

If not, you arent running the latest. Please let me know if I have a bum link out there.

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
« Reply #222 on: October 24, 2013, 04:55:30 am »
I saw nothing that said "Audio Service Started" and I just downloaded the latest moments ago. Open-GL version posted 23 hours ago. Fully up to date with latest orbiter and setup script.

It does seem to change orientations nicely.
I cannot select a different skin.
Power button craps it out pretty badly.
Cannot show remote screen. Just goes to background. I can hit back to go back to the main screen.
Media grids load.
Many other functions seem to work.

So, going to San Francisco in a couple weeks? Sounds like fun! I'm just down the road a little from there and spent the day there during the America's Cup on one of the final days. That was fun.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #223 on: October 24, 2013, 05:36:23 am »
ok thats totally weird...

*goes to figure out what he is doing wrong*

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #224 on: October 24, 2013, 07:13:59 am »
And its been located. Long story short, something important wasnt being built on the build server (a lib) so the qml that depended on it wouldnt load which made it fall back to default. the qml fix is in svn already, looking into the build server fix.

-langston.