Author Topic: Need some dedicated testers.  (Read 287465 times)

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Re: Need some dedicated testers.
« Reply #135 on: September 10, 2013, 02:09:12 am »
i just deleted my checkout, ran the setup from the instruction at the beginning of this thread and it is up and running. Is it possible you are using the old one and not the latest script?

-golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

Crumble

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 10, 2013, 11:29:20 am »
golgoj i am getting 404 errors when trying to update my skins directory.  Even if i svn up /var/www/lmce-admin/skins/android it says "latest #(whatever the latest release is)".  Script is the same thing.  It is just the android directory, everything else seems to be there.  I don't know where the logs for that would be.  Let me know and I will post them.

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
« Reply #137 on: September 10, 2013, 11:24:02 pm »
can you install some sort of logging program so i can see whats happening? I really cant guess, i have a suspicion, which is that you are somehow missing files. But cant confirm without logs

ive deleted my checkout and run the setup script multiple times so im a little confused by this.

in the /var/www/lmce-admin/skins there should be
*skins-common
*android

If thats not there, something is not being setup right.

-golgoj4

OK, so what kind of logging can I install? What do you mean? Also, I found out a problem in your script that was directly affecting me (and probably causing my problem). I must have downloaded an interim version of your setup script as it was missing the skins-common code. I deleted the skins stuff earlier and ran your setup script. No problem there, but it was not current. The new version tests for the android folder only and then skips the skins-common code. I read the script and deleted the android folder again and am now updating.

Oh, now that's different! It looks like it is working!

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
« Reply #138 on: September 11, 2013, 12:33:59 am »
Yes, it is working. I've been testing it out now and it crashes when I go to the remote control. I start a song playing and it immediately crashes but the song starts. I go back in and it crashes again since it goes right back to the remote control. Stopping playback allows it to start working again.

Otherwise, so far so good...

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #139 on: September 11, 2013, 01:44:54 am »
Yes, it is working. I've been testing it out now and it crashes when I go to the remote control. I start a song playing and it immediately crashes but the song starts. I go back in and it crashes again since it goes right back to the remote control. Stopping playback allows it to start working again.

Otherwise, so far so good...

I removed a library that was potentially causing a problem. let me know.

And please everyone, note that the link address has changed! It is not the same one so please try and use the new one. If you can get to linuxmce.org, then you should be able to dl the correct files. I realize I made a mistake in the initial link so please make sure you arent going on auto pilot!

-Langston
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
« Reply #140 on: September 11, 2013, 08:07:31 am »
I removed a library that was potentially causing a problem. let me know.

And please everyone, note that the link address has changed! It is not the same one so please try and use the new one. If you can get to linuxmce.org, then you should be able to dl the correct files. I realize I made a mistake in the initial link so please make sure you arent going on auto pilot!

-Langston

Um, what link? Every single link I can find is to http://langstonball.com/qorbiter/ and that one has the same problems.

Thanks!

polly

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 11, 2013, 09:22:18 am »
Hey ...

i Tested following my Tablet and Phone.

• Acer Iconia A210: Qt5 build tested and worked nice (some buttons ands screen are missing but i reckon this is normal at current state). Qt4 worked as well
  • Huawei U9510E Ascend D1 XL: Qt5 Build crashed when starting. Need to get some log Messages. Qt4 Build worked

Try to provide some logs for QT5 Build crashing on my phone.

Crumble

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 11, 2013, 03:09:32 pm »
hey everyone, i figured out where to find the logs to post for golgoj.  once you turn on dev mode for your android.  my s4 is  /storage/emulated/some number
There will be a LinuxMCE folder with a config.xml, qorbiter-command.log, qorbiter-qml.log, & qorbiter-gui.log.  if you install pastebin just hold your finger on the log and select share, then select pastebin. 

I would post mine golgoj but i can't get the skins dir to work.  so I know what my issue is.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #143 on: September 12, 2013, 02:04:23 am »
Um, what link? Every single link I can find is to http://langstonball.com/qorbiter/ and that one has the same problems.

Thanks!

Thats the only place to dl it.
Thats what ive been testing for the last 4 days.

I dont know how you are getting a broken version.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #144 on: September 12, 2013, 02:06:06 am »
Hey ...

i Tested following my Tablet and Phone.

• Acer Iconia A210: Qt5 build tested and worked nice (some buttons ands screen are missing but i reckon this is normal at current state). Qt4 worked as well
  • Huawei U9510E Ascend D1 XL: Qt5 Build crashed when starting. Need to get some log Messages. Qt4 Build worked

Try to provide some logs for QT5 Build crashing on my phone.

Huawei makes crappy devices and im surprised qorbiter v4 even runs on it. Run away from Huawei. Fast.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #145 on: September 12, 2013, 02:20:23 am »

Crumble

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 12, 2013, 03:42:57 am »
Haha!  I iz dum.  Using the wrong script.  Orbiter opens but buttons dont work.
http://pastebin.com/qqwRDwH2
http://pastebin.com/6xMEy3mi

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #147 on: September 12, 2013, 05:50:04 am »
give the qt4 version a spin if you please. Im looking into this problem people are having with the qt5 build.

im happy we got the right version of the script. next time ill try not to move it around so much / make it less confusing.

-golgoj4

Crumble

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 12, 2013, 12:48:23 pm »
I forgot to mention I have flickr on my orbiter.  Is that normal?

Crumble

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 12, 2013, 01:43:19 pm »
The qt4 version came right up.  I have my res set to 1080p which makes this version too large.  Does not have the same effect on the qt5.  Qt5 looks and fits great.  Qt4 I can get to all the menus.  Playing movies did not work.  I dont have any audio to test.  Cant wait till your finished, these are gonna be great!  Only thing with qt4 it does not select the room.  The button for selecting the room is blank as well.  I set that up in webadmin so should be my family room by default.  Once the room is selected all the buttons are there.  Bit different from android orbiter.  Instead of every category I have every option like audio,video,etc.  Qt5 version is exactly like the home screen on the tv.  I will post logs in a bit.