Author Topic: Schlage iLink  (Read 8492 times)

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
Schlage iLink
« on: June 30, 2009, 11:11:29 pm »

Avner

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Schlage iLink
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 07:53:42 pm »
The Schlage iLink starter kit comes with a set of keypad lever, bridge device, and light module.

Currently I'm controlling my lights using LinuxMCE, with the Aeon Labs ZWave USB Adapter.
Does anyone know if the lock and light module would work with this Zwave adapter (e.g. Aeon Labs ZWave USB Adapter)

Alternatively, would LinuxMCE support the iLink bridge device, if I were to replace the Aeon Labs stick with it, as a gateway to the zwave network?

Regards,
Avner
Asus P5GD2-X, Intel i915P/G, Pentium 4 3.2 GHz, 2.5GB, nvidia Geforce 8800, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1850

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Schlage iLink
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 08:25:25 pm »
The Schlage iLink starter kit comes with a set of keypad lever, bridge device, and light module.

Currently I'm controlling my lights using LinuxMCE, with the Aeon Labs ZWave USB Adapter.
Does anyone know if the lock and light module would work with this Zwave adapter (e.g. Aeon Labs ZWave USB Adapter)

Alternatively, would LinuxMCE support the iLink bridge device, if I were to replace the Aeon Labs stick with it, as a gateway to the zwave network?

Regards,
Avner

As far as I know, the adapter's not the issue, it's the Zwave driver LinuxMCE currently uses which doesn't support the security protocol. Hari is a LMCE dev who's also separately involved in the OpenZwave driver project (https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/openzwave). This will presumably will replace the existing LMCE Zwave driver in the future, but whether or not it will support security protocol is questionable. An NDA and $$ is required to get access to the protocol details, and from lurking in the group I haven't seen big signs of progress on reverse-engineering it.

If you really want a remote-controllable door lock I'd look at a wired system with relay.