Author Topic: DCERouter Delay and Orbiter vs. QOrbiter  (Read 3511 times)

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
DCERouter Delay and Orbiter vs. QOrbiter
« on: June 26, 2013, 09:36:14 pm »
So, I was reading the various issues with the delay in the forums so that I could put in a delay on a Scenario. So, it fails from a normal orbiter but works fine from QOrbiter. The delay is completely skipped when executing from any orbiter except the QOrbiter. It looks like these events are going through two different code paths and one seems to work better than the other. I would like to attempt to fix this if I can. If somebody can point me in the right direction, I'll do what I can. I've been trying to get past just device development and into core coding for a while but I have yet to get everything going so I'm going to try to figure this out. Thanks!

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: DCERouter Delay and Orbiter vs. QOrbiter
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 07:44:58 am »
You'll want to look at src/DCERouter/DCERouter.cpp, as this command is implemented directly in the DCERouter itself. Do a grep for COMMAND_Delay_CONST

-Thom

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 09:43:17 am »
It would surprise me a lot, if a commandgroup executed from Orbiter works different when it is executed from qOrbiter.

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 02:43:34 am »
Thank you! I'm looking...

Well, I wouldn't be much surprised since I know the delay doesn't function on a scenario but does on an event.